Gaming pc for $1300 and under.

Building a new system? Need help choosing between parts? Then step in and let our trained gerbils assist you.

Moderator: JustAnEngineer

Re: Gaming pc for $1300 and under.

Postposted on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:03 am

Dudara wrote:Watched a few gameplay videos with the card and well... sadly i heard nothing but bad, it could run everything, but it sooner or later crashed, lagged the game and basically just went nilly willy all over the place, sounds like it has horrible build quality and drivers :/

If i get a gtx 760 will that run everything on ultra ? and get max fps in csgo ? :D

I've got CSGO maxed out at 1200p with a 660, so yeah. I wouldn't put any stock in whatever you were watching that talked about crashes/drivers with the AMD cards. That's most likely either heat, overzealous overclocking, user error, or something specific to a 3rd party card design. Anyhow, if you want to stick with NVidia and you're running 1080p, a 770 should easily handle everything you throw at it.
i5 2500k - P67 - GTX660 - 840 Pro 256GB - Xonar Essence STX - Senn HD595's
The Egg
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:30 am

There are a LOT of very well informed people telling you to drop down to GTX 760 / R9-280 territory for 1080p, or buy a 1440p monitor for that GTX 780. It's your money, but nobody wants to throw $200 out the window, no matter how rich you are.

And yes, the popular consensus is that keeping a 120/144Hz monitor maxed out isn't worth the GPU money compared to gaming at a higher resolution.
i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Pro4-m, Asus GTX660 TOP, 120 GB Vertex 3 Max IOPS, 2 TB Samsung EcoGreen F4, 8GB G-Skill @1.25V, Silverstone PS07B
DPete27
Gerbil Jedi
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:30 pm

superjawes wrote:
Dudara wrote:Watched a few gameplay videos with the card and well... sadly i heard nothing but bad, it could run everything, but it sooner or later crashed, lagged the game and basically just went nilly willy all over the place, sounds like it has horrible build quality and drivers :/

If i get a gtx 760 will that run everything on ultra ? and get max fps in csgo ? :D

Er, what videos are you watching? I've heard of some issues with AMD cards, but not game crashing. You might also consider the game. Some titles just aren't coded/ported well, and switching between GPU teams isn't going to fix those issues.

For CS:GO, you should easily be able to play on ultra...that game isn't terribly taxing compared to other games.

And for reference on GTX 760 performance, Check out TR's review. I'd say that you're in really good shape. Those benchmarks are at 1440p and very high settings, and the 760 still holds its own.

The issues were all when playing bf4 for those guys, all of them switched to gtx 760 after that immediately and had 0 problems. :/
No one really plays cs:go on ultra, low-med is the max that you run it on usually, since it's a competitive game not a typical shooter, it only fcks up how you play for the most part. :P Just a heads up.

thanks for the reference. :)
Dudara
Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:36 pm

DPete27 wrote:There are a LOT of very well informed people telling you to drop down to GTX 760 / R9-280 territory for 1080p, or buy a 1440p monitor for that GTX 780. It's your money, but nobody wants to throw $200 out the window, no matter how rich you are.

And yes, the popular consensus is that keeping a 120/144Hz monitor maxed out isn't worth the GPU money compared to gaming at a higher resolution.

Yup, i'm just talking about the R9-280's issues that i've seen people have. Tbh don't see a point in people buying a 1440p monitor, they're horrible for serious gaming and don't offer anything good except the resolution, but really 1080p is like the max that anyone would need, maybe i might switch to 1440p if BenQ released a monitor like that with high hertz. But i guess the 1440p monitors are good for, for fun gaming.

My first ever video card was some dual ati radeon (don't even remember) i served me well, but all the reviews really point of it's flaws, and no one really has any huge flaws with the nvidia series videocards, so for me it's a bit of a no brainer to go for the gtx 760 (some remake probably)

Also if anyone could tell me which is the best remake of the gtx 760 gaming wise, MSI maybe ?
Dudara
Gerbil

Previous

Return to System Builders Anonymous