Hitachi 400 GB Serial ATA HD $219.99 w/free ship

Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:20 am

CompUSA.com has on the Hitachi 400 GB Serial ATA HD for $219.99 w/free ship

after $40 MIR

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:04 pm

*post deleted*

I have asked you twice now in the past to stop ranting about how you dislike MIR's, yet you still can't resist the temptation to say something. If you have nothing of value to add to the posted topic then don't post at all please.

-hoser
––•–√\/––√\/––•–– nostalgia is an emotion for people with no future ––•–√\/––√\/––•–-

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:56 pm

thegleek wrote:
*post deleted*

I have asked you twice now in the past to stop ranting about how you dislike MIR's, yet you still can't resist the temptation to say something. If you have nothing of value to add to the posted topic then don't post at all please.

-hoser

You need to relax man. what i posted was not worthy of a moderation or
you deleting my post. and judging by your private PM to me, I think you
have a personal beef with me. Let it go.

~gleek
––•–√\/––√\/––•–– nostalgia is an emotion for people with no future ––•–√\/––√\/––•–-

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:09 pm

The only posts this rasputin guy ever makes is to post these offers that include MIRs. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Personally I hate MIR's too, but I understand that some are OK with them.

My point is which is worse? Someone that ONLY posts about MIR offers (what does he get out of this anyway?) versus a guy that complains about MIR's. Gleek cut it out - we all know you hate MIR's - no need to remind us that you hate them? OK? Never complain about MIR's again and those that are currently engaged in an (obvious) witch hunt to ban you will have nothing to complain about. Strive to post posts that don't contain anything objectionable and the hunters won't have anything to complain about and you'll be all good.

Hoser - I think you are overreacting here a bit, doncha think? Maybe I'm wrong. From what I've seen, Gleek is making real efforts to address things that ppl complain about. Since he is now ultra-scrutinized more then anyone else on the forum (I know I'm right here), the first little screw up he makes you guys pounce on him. Fair? not sure.

If Gleek promises never to complain about another MIR offer - will you lay off him? Let's just try and get along. OK Gleek?

Is rasputin a real forums poster, or just a poster of these special offers? Seems I've seen the mods come down on these types of posters before. Am I correct?

*your friendly TR forums negotiator* :)

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:14 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
Hoser - I think you are overreacting here a bit, doncha think? Maybe I'm wrong. From what I've seen, Gleek is making real efforts to address things that ppl complain about. Since he is now ultra-scrutinized more then anyone else on the forum (I know I'm right here), the first little screw up he makes you guys pounce on him. Fair? not sure.

hard doesnt come close to how he is against me, i'm not gunna re-post
his PM in here, although i did in the irc channel, but he has threatened
to get me banned again cuz of this. which is lame. and unfair. i am trying here ppl!

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
If Gleek promises never to complain about another MIR offer - will you lay off him? Let's just try and get along. OK Gleek?

fine. no MORE complaining about MIRs. but thats it. and it still shouldnt
warrant a ban just cuz i slip up and do so.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:31 pm

Rasputin has never made a reply to a thread.

The ONLY posts he's ever made are to post special offers with MIR's in this topic.

Isn't there some rule against such post spammers, or do we let him slide because of the fact that his posts are often good deals?

Just trying to understand.

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:33 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
Rasputin has never made a reply to a thread.

The ONLY posts he's ever made are to post special offers with MIR's in this topic.

Isn't there some rule against such post spammers, or do we let him slide because of the fact that his posts are often good deals?

Just trying to understand.
viewtopic.php?t=11214

Read the rules yourself. There's no prohibition on posting only in the deals forum.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:37 pm

I stand corrected. I do remember the mods coming down on those that only come here to post special offers though, so that's why I asked the question.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:45 pm

thegleek wrote:
fine. no MORE complaining about MIRs.

Complain away. Just do it in a Back Porch Thread titled "I **** hate MIR's and here's why"

edit: on second thought, skip the "****" part - I'd have to moderate profanity.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

thegleek
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:50 pm

lol ok

sorry for making a mockery of this thread.

my bad. carry on! :)

love,

gleek

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:47 am

Seeing as how this is now way off topic I'm gonna lock this.

I'll get back to the PM's that were sent to me tomorrow as I'm working nights for the next couple of days.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran