NEC 16X DL -+/R/RW DVD Recorder drive $39.99

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:27 pm

Tigerdirect

has the NEC 16X -+/R/RW Dual DL DVD Recoreder
for $39.99 after $10 MIR exp 12/11

Klyith
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Seems kinda silly when Newegg has the same thing for $40 and you don't have to wait for a rebate.

Good drive tho. I've been very happy with my last 2 NEC dvd burners.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Not to mention that TigerDirect is not exactly forthcoming with their rebates :roll:
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:31 am

Yet another deal that isn't really a deal. :roll:

Newegg has run this drive on sale for less than $40, delivered, a couple of times in the past two months, and routinely offers it for the same price as this "deal", without the hassle of mail-in rebates or the lousy customer service that comes from TigerDirect.

farmpuma
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Location: Soybean field, IN, USA, Earth .. just a bit south of John .. err .... Fart Wayne, Indiana

Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:47 am

Thanks for the reminder .. those rat bastages still owe me a $30 rebate for a MadDog GeForce4 I purchased last December.

They sold it as new .. at best it was a system pull .. not even a refurb. It was covered in dust and the HSF was caked. After a good cleaning and fresh thermal compound (the original stuff was completely dried out) it did run ok for about three months until the fan died. I decided against a warranty return as the original heatsink was no where close to flat.

My first and last Tiger Direct purchase.

Edit: OT .. I recently purchased a nearly identical drive by Lite-On from newegg for my son. For $39.75 shipped it came with Nero oem suite, PowerDVD 5, and an audio cable. I also opted for the 25 pak spindle of 8x dvd-Rs combo for the cost of $4 shipping.
Last edited by farmpuma on Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://[/img] Image
.* * M-51 * *. .The Whirlpool Galaxy. .TV muted, X dual flying birds & a mantra, "Specter be Gone"

just brew it!
Administrator

Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:06 am

I view TigerDirect as the "convenience store" of computer parts dealers, mainly because their midwest distribution warehouse and outlet store is on my way home from work. :wink:

Their prices and service tend to be mediocre at best, but they do occasionally have some decent deals. Stuff like retail boxed processors are pretty safe (though usually -- but not always -- a few bucks more than ordering from Newegg).
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:11 am

Oce again......

If you wish to discuss the pros & cons of MIR's then please start another thread in the Back porch. Please keep all discussion on the topic of the posted deal.

Any further posts about MIR's in this thread will get it locked.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran