Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Alex
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Free .info domains from 1&1

Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:03 pm

For a limited time, head over to 1&1 and get 5 free .info domain names. I just got mine. I'm not sure how long this will last, so take advantage of it while you can!

http://1and1.com
Twitter: @xmunos

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:59 pm

I see their ads in MaxPC all the time and have been considering getting my own website. I like that they make it easy for you to get set-up with templates. Because I have no website building skills at all.

They look like a reputable company, so I might give this a whirl.....after all it won't cost me anything.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

totoro
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:27 pm

It's only good for one year, after which they charge their regular rate, which I cannot find.

VooBass
Gerbil XP

Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:54 pm

And you have to provide credit card info to register even for a free .info. And then they automatically charge you when renewal time comes around. I deal with 1&1 on behalf of a number of clients and 1&1 is a real pain to deal with.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:20 pm

I had their free preimum hosting from YEARS ago, and even though I gave them CC information, which they said would not be billed until my hosting etc expired, which has, it has NOT been billed ever.

Thhe only hosting company I hate is godaddy.com Techsupport is AWFUL.

I'm starting a new topic on best webhosts. look for it!

VooBass
Gerbil XP

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:26 pm

pete_roth wrote:
I had their free preimum hosting from YEARS ago, and even though I gave them CC information, which they said would not be billed until my hosting etc expired, which has, it has NOT been billed ever.

Thhe only hosting company I hate is godaddy.com Techsupport is AWFUL.

I'm starting a new topic on best webhosts. look for it!

That has definately not been my experience. And then I've had to spend 40mins on the phone with their billing department to get them to clean up the mess. And this has happened repeatedly. Let me repeat: 1&1 SUCK!

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:28 pm

I gave it a whirl. Thanks Alex!