Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

TurtlePerson2
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Newegg Coupon

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 pm

This isn't really a hot deal, but I felt that it fit best into this forum.

I got an e-mail from Newegg on one of my alternate e-mail accounts saying that they wanted me to be their customer, so they would give me $25 off my first purchase of $50 or more. This was strange because I've been a Newegg customer for several years. I eventually figured out that I had my Newegg account on a different e-mail address and that I had just been receiving daily deals on this account.

I waited until I got the stuff I ordered before posting here, so it definitely worked. What I am trying to figure out is this: should I sign up for the daily deals on all of my e-mail accounts hoping to get other coupons such as this?

Additionally, I was kind of upset that the account that has spent a couple thousand dollars didn't get this coupon while the account that has bought nothing did get this coupon. What do you guys think of that?
"TORTURIS EXUVIAS EUNT"
Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
XFX Radeon RX 580

bobboobles
Gerbil XP

Re: Newegg Coupon

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:51 pm

TurtlePerson2 wrote:
Additionally, I was kind of upset that the account that has spent a couple thousand dollars didn't get this coupon while the account that has bought nothing did get this coupon. What do you guys think of that?

Maybe that's the reason they gave you the coupon. If they think you made an account and never bought anything, this would be a good way to get your business.

BloodSoul
Gerbil First Class

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:37 pm

bobboobles wrote:
TurtlePerson2 wrote:

Maybe that's the reason they gave you the coupon. If they think you made an account and never bought anything, this would be a good way to get your business.

Not to be a jerk, but that is obvious. The whole point of this post is that it is infuriating that they would give benefits to a non-active member of their site while not rewarding a high spender. I personally give more business to companies I feel are working in a mutual shared interest, rather than in self-interest alone.

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:58 pm

They're trying to get business, so they're targeting people who aren't giving them any. Seems sound to me.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III