Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Black Friday deals?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am

Newegg's item browse/search is second to none, so I always start there. But once I find what I want on Newegg, I'm more likely to order on Amazon, because they undercut on pricing more often than not, and I have Amazon Prime for free 2 day shipping. I bet in shipping alone Prime has paid for itself.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 am

farmpuma wrote:
Yep, I'm very tempted to throw my Newegg hat in a closet. Pages and pages of crap while the rare decent items were tagged with the dreaded rebate card. Then there was the shopping cart glitch that added an additional ten dollars to a Fractal Design case due to an expired promo code. And on Monday they jacked a Seasonic PSU five bucks in the space of a few hours. They lost two sales and a good deal of my regard.

Sadly, they've been trending downwards for me for sometime. I don't have a real alternative other than Amazon. That said, their service is still really, really good when I've needed it. That should count for something.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am

I have to pay tax if I shop from Amazon so I have to stick with newegg. I am now regretting missing the Samsung 840 250GB for $150 one. :$
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

farmpuma
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Location: Soybean field, IN, USA, Earth .. just a bit south of John .. err .... Fart Wayne, Indiana

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Yeah, upon reviewing my Newegg orders from the past year or so, I've hit several fairly good promo codes and three decent refurbs. The hat remains in the rotation. And I should know better than to expect much from the holiday frenzy.
[img]http://[/img] Image
.* * M-51 * *. .The Whirlpool Galaxy. .TV muted, X dual flying birds & a mantra, "Specter be Gone"

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Flying Fox wrote:
I have to pay tax if I shop from Amazon so I have to stick with newegg. I am now regretting missing the Samsung 840 250GB for $150 one. :$

I imagine that this will be the norm much sooner than later.