Foxconn N570SM2AA vs Asus M2N-E SLI MBs'; any input here?

Discuss the core components that make up the heart and soul of any good computer.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Thresher

Foxconn N570SM2AA vs Asus M2N-E SLI MBs'; any input here?

Postposted on Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 am

I'm looking at the Foxconn N570SM2AA and the Asus M2N-E SLI MBs' to replace a nForce2 Epox box. Before anyone votes for Asus, please take a look here from the Newegg reviews and from an AnandTech thread on this board;

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview ... +M2n-E+SLI

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRe ... g=-1&Page=
(Hopefully, the Newegg link will be the reviews sorted for the lowest rating first)

I can't remember when I saw so many repeated problems with memory, audio & USB with a MB. I understand that the Asus name is very popular, but after reading all of that it really put me off, so I'm looking at the Foxconn. I also understand Foxconn is a 'smaller' palyer most noted for their OEM work.

I'm looking for input from anyone that has or had this board.

My reasons for these choices are they both have 2 IDE connectors and either a optical and/or a digital audio out. I also wanted a AMD based system. (Please don't bother telling me about the advantage Intel has right now).

Thanks in advance.
Copyright protection & Intellectual property my ass. All the studios want is more money & control. Enough is enough!
videobruce
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:09 am

You can get the terrific Foxcon C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H for only $104 after a $60 mail in rebate. It is the Nforce 590 reference motherboard and includes all the bells and whistles that the chipset has to offer.
flip-mode
Gerbil Khan
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks, but it only has 1 IDE connector (I don't want a adapter card) and it is 2x the price.
Copyright protection & Intellectual property my ass. All the studios want is more money & control. Enough is enough!
videobruce
Gerbil Elite

Return to Motherboards, Chipsets, & RAM