slots in emachine motherboard

Discuss the core components that make up the heart and soul of any good computer.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Thresher

slots in emachine motherboard

Postposted on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:58 pm

i have an emachine and when i open it it has three slots where i can plug in modem, wireless adapter, ect. only one of the slotsa will detect my linksys wireless adapter as new hardware. i cannot even locate it when i use the otherslots, like if i go to install hardware in the control panel. how do i activative the other slots
jimimajor
Gerbil

Re: slots in emachine motherboard

Postposted on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:26 am

Knowing the model of motherboard (or at least the model of the eMachine PC) might be helpful.

In general, you should not need to do anything to "activate" expansion slots. If the slots don't work, they are probably defective.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Well, that is unless none of the slots were used for a long amount of time and got filled with dust and crudge. I would suggest buying a can of air and blowing out the slots before trying to put the card in the slot. Oh, and also you should only be installing cards in the computer when it is off and unplugged, not good to do it while it is running.
Abit BP6 2X 300A@450 mhz, 1.5 GB PC133 ECC, Renditon Verite V2200, SB AWE32, Adaptec 2940U2W, 4.3GB Quantum Atlas 10K, Plextor Ultraplex
Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks to everyone who responded to this. I just ended up using a netgear adapter. Got tired
jimimajor
Gerbil

Return to Motherboards, Chipsets, & RAM