ASUS P8Z68-V -- new firmware?

Discuss the core components that make up the heart and soul of any good computer.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Thresher

ASUS P8Z68-V -- new firmware?

Postposted on Tue May 15, 2012 3:00 pm

So I noticed there's a new (2012.05.09) BIOS update for the P8Z68-V line (all variants, including /GEN3, but not the non-V) over at the support.asus.com site. This is version 3304, which supplants the 3302 version released for IB compatibility a couple of months ago. Has anyone here installed it? The entire "release notes" on the ASUS site:
ASUS wrote:P8Z68-V/GEN3 BIOS 3304
For proper operation, please ensure to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.8.0.1003 and BIOS to version 3304 before enabling Intel Smart Response Technology.

Update procedure for users needing Intel Smart Response Technology:
(1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.
(2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.8.0.1003.
(3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 3304, then reboot.
(4) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.
(5) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
File Size 15,95 (MBytes)
From that it looks like this is entirely to address issues with SRT, though as we know other fixes often come along for the ride in these updates. I'm generally in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mode when it comes to flashing firmware, and while I'll certainly grab it if I get around to repurposing by second SSD for SRT, right now I'm in no hurry since I have zero issues with my system ATM.

Has anyone installed this and noticed any other differences?
UberGerbil
Gerbil Khan

Return to Motherboards, Chipsets, & RAM