Digital to Analog Convert box

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Digital to Analog Convert box

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:17 am

Dont forget to sign up for your free coupons:

https://www.dtv2009.gov/
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Georgia

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:19 pm

That's just for people picking up OTA analog channels. And personally, I think it's a horrible use of tax dollars. :evil:
My specs: GE Spacemaker JVM2052SNSS | 1050.0 Watts | 3 speed turntable | 2.0 cu ft | Quick 1 lb Defrost
Vrock
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 20457
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Vrock wrote:And personally, I think it's a horrible use of tax dollars. :evil:


Bah we all like free sheeeeet. But I guess you are right.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7037
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Georgia

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:47 pm

tanker27 wrote:
Vrock wrote:And personally, I think it's a horrible use of tax dollars. :evil:


Bah we all like free sheeeeet. But I guess you are right.
Free sheeeet is nice but this isn't free, this is costing you and me and everyone else money, all so some 75 year old grandma in North Dakota can keep watching Days of Our Lives on her 20 year old 19" RCA TV.

This program is a prime example of government waste and gross misappropriation of tax dollars. We're subsidizing entertainment, for crissakes. Okay, I'll shut up now so this doesn't go to R&P.
My specs: GE Spacemaker JVM2052SNSS | 1050.0 Watts | 3 speed turntable | 2.0 cu ft | Quick 1 lb Defrost
Vrock
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 20457
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Vrock wrote:
tanker27 wrote:
Vrock wrote:And personally, I think it's a horrible use of tax dollars. :evil:
Bah we all like free sheeeeet. But I guess you are right.
Free sheeeet is nice but this isn't free, this is costing you and me and everyone else money, all so some 75 year old grandma in North Dakota can keep watching Days of Our Lives on her 20 year old 19" RCA TV.

This program is a prime example of government waste and gross misappropriation of tax dollars. We're subsidizing entertainment, for crissakes. Okay, I'll shut up now so this doesn't go to R&P.
Actually, considering the billions the government is going to earn by auctioning off the UHF spectrum now used for OTA analog TV, it's not going to cost taxpayers anything. Of course money is fungible, and they could use that money for something else, but you probably won't think that's a worthy use of the money either, so what's the difference? And they're not subsidizing entertainment (most of which is produced in the US) they're subsidizing the makers of the converter boxes (most of which are made in... well, just guess). But given the woeful number of Americans who get their entire dose of information about the world from a half-hour nightly newscast, consider it a subsidy towards maintaining a minimally-informed electorate.

(I'm actually a candidate for this, since my only source of "live" video is OTA, but I already have an ATSC tunder for my computer for the few times I want to actually watch network TV... like yesterday's bowl games).
UberGerbil
Gerbil Khan
 
Posts: 9927
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:11 pm

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:06 pm

UberGerbil wrote:
Vrock wrote:
tanker27 wrote:
Vrock wrote:And personally, I think it's a horrible use of tax dollars. :evil:
Bah we all like free sheeeeet. But I guess you are right.
Free sheeeet is nice but this isn't free, this is costing you and me and everyone else money, all so some 75 year old grandma in North Dakota can keep watching Days of Our Lives on her 20 year old 19" RCA TV.

This program is a prime example of government waste and gross misappropriation of tax dollars. We're subsidizing entertainment, for crissakes. Okay, I'll shut up now so this doesn't go to R&P.
Actually, considering the billions the government is going to earn by auctioning off the UHF spectrum now used for OTA analog TV, it's not going to cost taxpayers anything. Of course money is fungible, and they could use that money for something else, but you probably won't think that's a worthy use of the money either, so what's the difference? And they're not subsidizing entertainment (most of which is produced in the US) they're subsidizing the makers of the converter boxes (most of which are made in... well, just guess). But given the woeful number of Americans who get their entire dose of information about the world from a half-hour nightly newscast, consider it a subsidy towards maintaining a minimally-informed electorate.
I'm gonna start a thread in R&P on this and respond, if you don't mind. :)
My specs: GE Spacemaker JVM2052SNSS | 1050.0 Watts | 3 speed turntable | 2.0 cu ft | Quick 1 lb Defrost
Vrock
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 20457
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: The Land of the Looney Lolcats

Postposted on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Vrock wrote:
UberGerbil wrote:
Vrock wrote:
tanker27 wrote:
Vrock wrote:And personally, I think it's a horrible use of tax dollars. :evil:
Bah we all like free sheeeeet. But I guess you are right.
Free sheeeet is nice but this isn't free, this is costing you and me and everyone else money, all so some 75 year old grandma in North Dakota can keep watching Days of Our Lives on her 20 year old 19" RCA TV.

This program is a prime example of government waste and gross misappropriation of tax dollars. We're subsidizing entertainment, for crissakes. Okay, I'll shut up now so this doesn't go to R&P.
Actually, considering the billions the government is going to earn by auctioning off the UHF spectrum now used for OTA analog TV, it's not going to cost taxpayers anything. Of course money is fungible, and they could use that money for something else, but you probably won't think that's a worthy use of the money either, so what's the difference? And they're not subsidizing entertainment (most of which is produced in the US) they're subsidizing the makers of the converter boxes (most of which are made in... well, just guess). But given the woeful number of Americans who get their entire dose of information about the world from a half-hour nightly newscast, consider it a subsidy towards maintaining a minimally-informed electorate.
I'm gonna start a thread in R&P on this and respond, if you don't mind. :)
Probably for the best. Since I don't do R&P, have fun without me ;)
UberGerbil
Gerbil Khan
 
Posts: 9927
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:11 pm


Return to Visual Haven

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PenGun and 4 guests