AVCHD to ...

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

AVCHD to ...

Postposted on Sun May 25, 2008 8:44 am

Well I'm kind of surprised that no one has posted about this but... I recently bought a sony HDR-CX7 camcorder (It records on flash memory, how slick is that? :wink: ). So now that I have some footage uploaded on my PC, my problems begin... for you see the camcorder records in AVCHD format and I don't have anything that's blu-ray compatible, so I need to convert it to a format my SD DVD player can read. How do I do it??? I'm using XP right now so iMovie 08 is out of the question :cry:
Thanks for the help,
HF
If common sense is so common, why don't more people have it?
henfactor
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: AVCHD to ...

Postposted on Sun May 25, 2008 11:09 am

Shouldn't the camcorder come with some software? If not, can Windows Movie Maker read it? That program comes free with Windows and is pretty good for free (Start ---> Programs ---> Accessories). Also try searching SourceForge for a converter.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III
FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sun May 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Downloaded the Sony software... works great! :D (Why didn't I think of that first?) I think I'll just leave the videos on my hard drive and wait because... I'm getting a Mac soon! Thanks for the help.

HF
If common sense is so common, why don't more people have it?
henfactor
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Sun May 25, 2008 7:53 pm

henfactor wrote:Downloaded the Sony software... works great! :D (Why didn't I think of that first?) I think I'll just leave the videos on my hard drive and wait because... I'm getting a Mac soon! Thanks for the help.

HF

Agreed. Just use the software that came with it.
Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Postposted on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 pm

May I ask which of the included software you used? And where are the options to check to have it do the conversion? Some screenshots would be nice. I got someone who asked me but telling him "use the included software" does not seem to be enough.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Return to Visual Haven