Samsung Syncmaster 275T Opinions

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Samsung Syncmaster 275T Opinions

Postposted on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:11 am

Has anybody on these forums had or ever used a Samsung Syncmaster 275T? It looks very nice but I would like to read about first hand accounts with the monitor. I'll be using it for everything. The bonus, of course, is that it's not over a grand and provides decent screen real estate (27") without hogging desk real estate. I'm currently using a 22" Samsung Syncmaster 225BW and I really like the no frills it offers, as in, no ridiculous glossy housing, no useless ambient blue lights beneath the screen and no unsightly monitor stand. The 27" model offers the same as my 22", it's just bigger but has a 1ms slower refresh time.

I've had the 22" for just under 2 years now and figured it's time to upgrade to something that supports 1920x1200 resolution. I have a 8800GTX that will be driving it. I considered, ever so briefly, upgrading to a 24" monitor but it makes no sense stepping up to a screen that offers only slightly larger viewing area over my current 22". The logical choice is 27" but not 30", that would be just too big.

What is your opine?
-Playing shooters on a console is like doing brain surgery with an ice-cream scoop-
Jon
Gerbil Elite

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 275T Opinions

Postposted on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:15 am

The 275T uses a Samsung LTM270M1 S-PVA panel. That means that colors are good (with a bit of black crush) and viewing angles are excellent, but response time or input lag might be a concern for twitch gaming. This same panel was found in the (now discontinued) Dell UltraSharp 2707WFP monitor.
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Return to Visual Haven