Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

endisforever
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung LCD TV - LNS4051 power on problem

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 pm

i have a samsung le40r86

i have replaced caps that have buldged/ blown but still no tv for me its still clicking

i want to do the eprom reset. is the eprom on the board with the scart/hdmi and such on. in the top left of this board there is a 8 pin chip that says eprm next to it is this the correct one.

to short it do you just connect the wires 5-6 with something like a screwdriver/solde and turn the tv on for a few secs them remove the short
how do you actually short it when the board is in the tv??
are there a pic tutorials on doing this??

The-Kevster
Gerbil In Training

Samsung - Name that capacitor - LE40A656 power cycling

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi,

I have the dreaded/normal power cycling issue with my 28 month Samsung LE-A656A. I've taken it apart and seen that two of the caps are nearly blown but I can't see what they are. Does anyone have the service manual or know what they need to be replaced with. It looks like only two of them need replacing.

Thanks,
Kev

P.S.
I've spoken to Samsung and it isn't a recognised issue with this model of TV yet so I'd have to pay in advance for a repair and get a refund if its the caps....which is too much hastle.

endisforever
Gerbil In Training

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:01 pm

ok so i have managed to short the eeprom and the tv boots

it now stays on for a few mins and then switchs off.

also sometimes it goes a bit mad and turns the vol right down to 0 and you have no inut and you have to turn it off at the mains to get it to work again.

any ideas where to go from here???

robert 25
Gerbil In Training

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 pm

I have experienced the same problem, with Samsung LNS4051power on power off problem, so i contacted samsung and was told that no problems were reported with my television serial number [ 2007], and he stated that only 2008 televisions were being fixed, so I told him to better inform himself, and to check the internet more often, so I disassembled the TV and removed the bad caps CS 806,CM811, CM812,CM817 and replaced them with 1000uf 25volt 105 degree rubicon caps for the expensive price of .33 cents each from Newmark Canada , and the TV IS working fine, so bottom line is that Samsung does not accept any responsability for the poor design and product defects for there products. So I suggest people stop buying there products

The-Kevster
Gerbil In Training

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:33 am

robert 25 wrote:
bottom line is that Samsung does not accept any responsability for the poor design and product defects for there products. So I suggest people stop buying there products

Couldn't agree more! I was told my LE40A656A does not experience the on/off problem and it would be £85 for an engineer to visit + parts. I replaced two capacitors for £2 with 35V 1000uf (old ones were 25V) and the TV is working well again. Last samsung product I'll be buying.

dellguy
Gerbil In Training

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 am

I bought one of these Samsung TVs in August 2008 and it died last month. I followed the instructions in the post and fixed my TV for $2.00 !!! Freak'in awesome!!!

Thanks everyone!!!
:P

ken valkyrie
Gerbil In Training

How long should I push it ?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:49 pm

:( My Samsung LN46A540 is doing the same "power on problem" that I found here on TechReport, apparently not un-common. (clicking relay and increasing delay turning on) The turn on delay (clicking) has increased in the last few days from seconds to about 2 minutes.
I ordered the new power board (119.95) at http://www.discount-merchant.com/ as suggested here by you all, and when the board arrives I may try to replace the failing caps on my original power board that have been explained to be the culprits. Mine are bulged as some of you have shown in your pic's.

??? How long should I dare to turn on my TV with this problem ??? Am I doing more harm by continuing to use it ?
Should I shut it down and wait the few days til the new power board (#2007.12.21) arrives ?
Last edited by Captain Ned on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged into main Samsung thread

canmnanone
Gerbil

Re: How long should I push it ?

Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:42 pm

u can push as hard as you can, but as long as you pull out then you should be ok. but just make sure.

eliza
Gerbil In Training

Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:45 am

Hello everybody,

Our Samsung 40" LNS4041D started losing picture recently until it finally disappeared for good. We googled the problem and stumbled upon this and other message boards about the faulty capacitors. We opened up the tv and found only one capacitor that was buldging out. We replaced it and the TV was working again! It was a great feeling but it was short lived as 2 days later the picture died again. It happened after we hooked up the playstation 3 back to the tv. We're not sure if our fix was not good enough for the tv to handle the playstation or maybe we should have replaced all the caps...either way it didn't last ;/ I wonder how long it lasted for the other people who posted that they managed to fix their tv's...

Btw...the capacitor that we replaced wasn't one of the four 10V ones that everyone's talking about as they looked just fine, not buldging out at all. The one that appeared convex was one of the top 25v ones, CM808 to be precise. I wonder if we should have replaced the 10v's as well...
Last edited by eliza on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 am

eliza wrote:
I wonder how long it lasted for the other people who posted that they managed to fix their tv's...

I replaced mine about May of 2009, still running. But after this fiasco I will NEVER buy a Samsung anything. Their poor Customer (non) service and the fact that they still dont recognize this as an issue infuriates me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

algonquin
Gerbil In Training

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Replaced all four 10v capacitors three weeks ago with Radio Shack1000mf 35v 85 degree "replacements". Ordered 1000mf 25v with 105degree heat rating online for the next possible replacement. It is not ok to have to do this yourself. I thank all who have contributed to this link to help me decide to replace these myself. I am can solder all day long and would rather do the fix it myself than wade through Samsung customer service.

EdWood
Gerbil In Training

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Hello all,

Some superb information here. Very impressive indeed. I wonder if I may ask for some expert opinion?

A friend has the same problem, and has asked me to fix his 'TV' (I dabble with electronic design for a living, so clearly everybody I know thinks I just love to fix anything that contains wires, or motors, or just anything 'lectric in general :cry: ) Sadly, I can't give a model number, as it's not strictly speaking a Samsung TV - It's the guts from a 46" Samsung TV, in a custom chassis. This is what he has:
http://shop.torchcomputers.co.uk/produc ... cts_id=465

Anyway, I stripped it down, discovered the bad capacitors, and have ordered replacements. I'm hoping to fit these tomorrow. However, the EEPROM issue seems to affect a lot of people, so I'd like to be ready to solve this if it affects me too. But - there are several EEPROMs.

So, can anyone tell me which EEPROM is the one I need to concentrate on? The markings on the board are:

Silk screen:
(Under Common Interface connector)
MT8226 EMMA
BN41-00974B

Label on the RF screening:
PEARL ID 46" P3 SESK
AUO-517A L11 04.03

Label on IC5101:
PEARL IDTV
MAIN
1004 3 8C3A
0331C6DS

Label on rear of PCB:
46" Pearl IDTV
080402 C21 283407

The EEPROMs I can find are:
IC5107 - 24C256 (But - not near the CI connector - it's pretty much diagonally opposite, near all the AV input phonos.)
There are two other I2C EEPROMs, though - IC3102 and IC3103 (both ATMLH810 devices). Again, not near the CI connector.

So, if anyone can confirm that IC5107 is indeed the EEPROM I need to target, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Ed.

EDIT:
It's tomorrow now - Post cap-change update: All well. System working as it should, with no need for any EEPROM fiddling. A big thank you to all who contributed their time and knowledge. Samsung should be fairly embarrassed about this sorry situation.

ken valkyrie
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung LCD TV - power on problem - Fixed LN46A540

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:30 am

I fixed my LN46A540 with all your guidance: info, pictures & links to You Tube videos.
I particularly found this video the most clear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l0AUj8Q ... re=related - for someone like me who is a good mechanic but has no electronic training.
My Samsung has now been working perfectly for over a week, I replaced the 2 original (1000mf - 10v caps) with (1000mf - 25v - 105 degree-c caps) from U-Do-It electronics in Needham, MA.
Radio Shacks caps only went to 85 degees-c and I didn't want to take a chance with them.

Thanks for all your help :)

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 am

Hey folks, first post. Read some great info in this thread.

Found this forum after a night of "Darn my $ 2000 TV is broken and I am Pi$$ed off about it" internet searching.

Made a service request a few hours ago for my Samsung LCD TV model # LN-T4071 FX/XAA. Bought it 12/07 and it started crapping out 1/11 So it basically lasted 3 years.

I am not getting the "power on" problem (yet) but what I am getting can be read about here. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_ele ... ng_tv.html Do a keyword search and you can see that along with power on issues many people also have issues with pink/purple pixels showing on their screens over the images. So that's my problem (the pink/purple pixels) which may be a precursor to other issues.

The Samsung customer service rep I spoke to (after I reminded them that apparently certain models/years of TV's are covered under a 1 time repair warranty) told me that my TV would be covered if it needed new capacitors. I know next to nothing about how electronics work so I am trying to get all the info I can before I make a decision with this TV.

After doing a thorough search of this thread as well as the link I posted it seems the pink/purple pixel issue is possibly related to the power on problem.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Does it sound like a related issue? I am quite tempted to open my TV and take a peek at the capacitors but I also want to see how the service appointment goes. It's kind of a catch 22 with the service appointment, according to the customer service rep my TV's problem apparently isn't a definite "capacitor issue" but it may be.. if the service tech makes the trip to my apartment and looks at the TV and finds it is NOT a capacitor issue I will then be obligated to pay. I want to discuss it with the tech before they get here and see where that goes.

Any help would be appreciated. I wish I knew if it was a capacitor issue/ board issue. I don't want to be taken for a ride on the repairs.

ranchhand
Gerbil

Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Best to list exactly what is happening on your TV so there is no confusion. IF you are getting a random scattering of pixels over the screen, AND it takes several "clicks" for the TV to start, you are almost guaranteed to have bad caps. My experience is in pg25 (next page back).

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm

ranchhand wrote:
Best to list exactly what is happening on your TV so there is no confusion. IF you are getting a random scattering of pixels over the screen, AND it takes several "clicks" for the TV to start, you are almost guaranteed to have bad caps. My experience is in pg25 (next page back).

ranchhand thanks for replying. Let me try to be more specific.

Basically my TV was fine for 3 years. Right before the problem first started the TV had not been turned on for 7 weeks and in that time at some point the power had gone off and back on in the apartment where the TV was plugged into. I turned on the TV after that 7 week period and got what i would call pink/purple pixelation as well as sometimes green pixelation over the images that were on the TV. Depending on what color is showing on the TV at the time the pixelation is more obvious, dark colors seem to be the worst. The pixelation upon further inspection seems to be flickering quickly. Now at first this pixelation would come and go. Sometimes it would take the TV being on for an hour or so for it to clear up. Then it would not appear for a week or so at all. Then the pixelation would come on regularly each day I turned on the TV but clear within 2 minutes or so. Most of the time it would only appear after the initial power on but sometimes if I turned the TV off for 20+ minutes and turned it back on it would return.

2 days ago I turned the TV on and got the pixelation and it cleared in 2 minutes. I played some XBOX 360 games thru an HDMI port and everything was fine for hours. Then something happened that I don't think happened before, the pixelation came back DURING the TV already being on. It flickered back to normal once or twice but since then the pixelation has been constant.

I don't have the "power on" issues but other places I have read on this thread and the link I previously posted seem to show the pink/purple/green pixelation and power on problems may be linked.

** Edit ** As I type this now the TV is working perfectly. Today the pixelation has been coming and going. This is driving me nuts. I called Samsung again yesterday as it seems they can't decide which company to send to check my TV out. The customer service rep said the next time I call I could ask to be transferred to "Executive Customer Relations." Maybe that will go somewhere. Oh and in the time it took to write this the pixels have returned and gone away yet again.

Brotherman38
Gerbil In Training

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 am

I started having problems with my Samsung 32" TV (LN32A450C1D) after a power outage. The TV would turn on then off then on again a number of times before staying on, after a couple weeks the TV would take like a minute to turn on. I checked the power supply for blown caps, but all the caps looked good, the board only had 2 10v caps a 2200uf, and 3300uf . I went ahead and changed them any way, and checked for cold solider joints but I got the same results. I found a replacement power supply online for $40.00 (BN44-00214A) and installed the new power supply now the TV is working good again. The TV is also plugged into a UPS now! It was plugged into a surge protector don't know what happen. The set is 2.5 years old.

Thanks for the good info everyone, I didn't call Samsung because I think my problem was caused by the power outage something that happens a lot in my area.

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:32 am

Well just an update on my TV. Samsung LN-T4071 FX/XAA , original post is a few above this one.

Samsung customer support is not the greatest, I think they forget it's OK to empathize with people and not ONLY read from scripted replies.

When I escalated things to "Executive Customer Relations" the uninterested woman I spoke to basically said Samsung was going thru the motions and that once I spoke to the service tech he would decide after hearing my TV's issue that they would NOT make a service trip under Samsung's 1 time fix warranty.

Basically she said, "If the TV doesn't have an on/off power clicking issue we will not even send someone out under that warranty." It took me 3 different calls to Samsung just to get that far.

After giving Samsung a polite piece of my mind I decided I was going to call the service tech whose number they had previously given me just to see what they had to say.

The service tech turned out to be a really helpful person and I picked his brain for possible solutions to the problem with the TV.

His best guess (after hearing the detailed description of the pink/purple pixels and the power having gone out and back on in the apartment that the TV is in) was that the LVDS cables going from the TCON board to the FRC board had possibly crapped out. He suggested open up the back of the TV and to wiggle the cables, if the picture corrected he said it is the cables.

He also said there is a possibility a firmware update is needed but leaned more towards the LVDS cables being the culprit.

So that's the latest. Funny a third party service tech helped me more for free than the company I gave 2000 hard earned dollars to.

Haven't opened the TV up yet but will update when that happens.

algonquin
Gerbil In Training

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I had noticed that a "ribbon" cable had been discolored by the proximity to the capacitors which had been compromised. The replacement of the capacitors were successful in resolving my on off problem,no pixelations problems. Wondering if your issue is resolved by the cable replacement.

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:47 am

algonquin, thanks for replying. I am wondering the same thing. It would be nice to be certain what the fix was.

eliza
Gerbil In Training

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 am

eliza wrote:
Hello everybody,

Our Samsung 40" LNS4041D started losing picture recently until it finally disappeared for good. We googled the problem and stumbled upon this and other message boards about the faulty capacitors. We opened up the tv and found only one capacitor that was buldging out. We replaced it and the TV was working again! It was a great feeling but it was short lived as 2 days later the picture died again. It happened after we hooked up the playstation 3 back to the tv. We're not sure if our fix was not good enough for the tv to handle the playstation or maybe we should have replaced all the caps...either way it didn't last ;/ I wonder how long it lasted for the other people who posted that they managed to fix their tv's...

Btw...the capacitor that we replaced wasn't one of the four 10V ones that everyone's talking about as they looked just fine, not buldging out at all. The one that appeared convex was one of the top 25v ones, CM808 to be precise. I wonder if we should have replaced the 10v's as well...

UPDATE: I ordered 4 x 25V capacitors on ebay and replaced 806,811,812 and 817 in addition to the one we replaced initially. TV's working again! :D Hopefully it lasts a lot longer than the 1st attempt. I'll keep you posted.

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 pm

p-dog wrote:
Well just an update on my TV. Samsung LN-T4071 FX/XAA , original post is a few above this one.

Samsung customer support is not the greatest.....

.....After giving Samsung a polite piece of my mind I decided I was going to call the service tech whose number they had previously given me just to see what they had to say.

The service tech turned out to be a really helpful person and I picked his brain for possible solutions to the problem with the TV.

His best guess (after hearing the detailed description of the pink/purple pixels and the power having gone out and back on in the apartment that the TV is in) was that the LVDS cables going from the TCON board to the FRC board had possibly crapped out. He suggested open up the back of the TV and to wiggle the cables, if the picture corrected he said it is the cables.....

OK a victorious update! I took off the back cover of the TV tonight and located what I thought were the LVDS cables the service tech described to me. They are the ones going to the board in the top center of the TV. There were 2 cables (really each cable was a bundle of very small wires that goes to a connector) and each one had an FRC tag on it. I wiggled the cables and noticed a tiny change in the appearance of the pixels on the screen. This was enough for me to believe that these were in fact the cables he described to me. At first I couldn't get more than a minor change in the appearance of the pixels. I decided to be a bit more heavy handed and grabbed one of the cables close to the connector where all the little wires separate into their own pins (sorry for the likely improper terms) and gave it a hard wiggle up and down and in and out and then BAM... the picture was perfect. I sat in awe for a second and wiggled both the cables again and could not disturb the perfect picture. After a few minutes to make sure the picture stayed the same I put the back cover of the TV back on.

So far so good. I type this e-mail from my now perfectly working TV screen. That service tech is going to get a thank you call from me!

*Edit* Forgot to mention, all the capacitors looked fine. 2 parts next to the capacitors had a goopy light brown substance on them but that looked like it was there from the factory. Here is a pic I found on the internet (not my TV) of the goopy light brown substance, on mine it was also on the 2 things that have the blue rubber covers. http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachme ... c_0066.jpg

ranchhand
Gerbil

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

I have seen that a lot on circuit boards; I can only guess that it is a stabilizing-strengthening technique. By "gluing" a couple of weak ones together is gives more stability. But I that is just a guess. By the way, a good example of a popped capacitor are the three in dead center, especially the one on the extreme Left side. You can see the bulging tops on all three, and that one is showing the electrolyte beginning to leak out the crack on the top.

algonquin
Gerbil In Training

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Ok p-dog you fixed your set by jiggling, or reseating, the ribbon cables. I am glad that worked for you. The question remains whether or not your capacitors do indeed look like the ones which are leaking electrolyte in the picture. If they do, I am surprised that your set is working, and perhaps you should get a friend who can solder to look at this blog. I hope that your fix will be long lived. I also believe that now is a good time to prepare yourself for a potential soldering job down the road. In any case, good luck! My set has been working for two months on the 35v 1000mf 85 degree C Radio Shack replacements. I replaced all four. Hopefully you need not go down that road. I whole heartedly believe in the Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared."

Steve988
Gerbil In Training

Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:04 pm

A few months ago, my Samsung LNT4661F 46" HDTV purchased in November 2007 started showing the slow start-up problem described on this board (clicking, etc.). With the great advice and instruction offered on this board, I was able to fix the problem today. (Disclosure: I do have extensive soldering experience.) I have a few pieces of advice to offer others based on my experience. First off, I'm not sure that my specific Samsung model has been mentioned previously on this board, but rest assured, it has the start-up problem. It has three 10V, 1000uF capacitors on the power supply board that leak and need to be replaced, rather than four as shown in the great pictures of another model that were posted. On my HDTV, these capacitors were CM812, CM813 and CS804. I replaced these with three 25V, 1000uF, 105 degree Panasonic capacitors from Digi-Key. I would recommend ordering the Panasonic EEU-FC1E102L capacitors (Digi-Key part no. P11223-ND) as they are made for TV's and are taller but no wider than the original Samsung caps. Digi-Key sells these for 89 cents each, and you can keep shipping costs to around $2 by specifying USPS as the shipper. Thanks to all the previous posters for their help.

eliza
Gerbil In Training

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:07 am

eliza wrote:
eliza wrote:
Hello everybody,

UPDATE: I ordered 4 x 25V capacitors on ebay and replaced 806,811,812 and 817 in addition to the one we replaced initially. TV's working again! :D Hopefully it lasts a lot longer than the 1st attempt. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: After replacing 806,811,812 and 817 the TV worked fine for 3 days then it started to power off again :( . At first once a day, then several times a day. It comes back on after I turn the TV on and TAP the bottom part of the frame few times. It's been like that for almost 2 weeks. It's annoying but at least it's still working. :-?

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 am

algonquin wrote:
Ok p-dog you fixed your set by jiggling, or reseating, the ribbon cables. I am glad that worked for you. The question remains whether or not your capacitors do indeed look like the ones which are leaking electrolyte in the picture. If they do, I am surprised that your set is working, and perhaps you should get a friend who can solder to look at this blog. I hope that your fix will be long lived. I also believe that now is a good time to prepare yourself for a potential soldering job down the road. In any case, good luck! My set has been working for two months on the 35v 1000mf 85 degree C Radio Shack replacements. I replaced all four. Hopefully you need not go down that road. I whole heartedly believe in the Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared."

Yesterday I did call the service tech that helped me on the phone. I didn't get the same guy (he was on another line) but I could hear the person I was speaking with relaying my thanks. He interjected when I told him about the LVDS cables, "OK so you reseated the cables." I kind of laughed and was like, "yeah, if you consider wiggling them and tugging them reseating."

algonquin, well as I said all the capacitors looked fine. All flat on the top and nothing coming out of them. It's been 3 days and the TV has been working flawlessly since I opened it up. My TV is currently covered under the Samsung 1 time repair warranty so if the capacitors do go bad they will be getting a call again. Also the LVDS cables (the ones with the FRC tags on them) were not ribbon cables but more like bundles of small wires that terminated in a connector. They were going from one board to another and both of those boards were under protective metal shrouds. Luckily I didn't have to remove the shrouds. Thanks for your tips and good luck wishes for my TV and I am also happy you were able to fix yours. When most of us bought these TV's a few years ago they were quite expensive and I bet none of us thought we would end up on this forum looking for answers. I won't badmouth the Samsung product, nothing is perfect, but they need some work on their customer service dept.

algonquin
Gerbil In Training

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Ok p-dog, our televisions work! The question is as follows:
What does "the LVDS cables (the ones with the FRC tags on them)" mean?
I realize that these are not truly ribbon cables. I am curious if you can tell me what LDVS and FRC stands for.
In either case I am glad that both our televisions work. You with the reseating and mine with the sub-standard 85 degree celsius capacitors.

p-dog
Gerbil In Training

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 pm

algonquin wrote:
Ok p-dog, our televisions work! The question is as follows:
What does "the LVDS cables (the ones with the FRC tags on them)" mean?
I realize that these are not truly ribbon cables. I am curious if you can tell me what LDVS and FRC stands for.
In either case I am glad that both our televisions work. You with the reseating and mine with the sub-standard 85 degree celsius capacitors.

Not really any idea. First time I heard of LVDS cables or FRC boards or TCON boards. A quick Google turned up a few links. Here is a link for more info on LVDS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-voltag ... _signaling and one for FRC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_Rate_Control .

BTW my TV is still working flawlessly.

eliza
Gerbil In Training

Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:05 pm

eliza wrote:
eliza wrote:
eliza wrote:
Hello everybody,
Our Samsung 40" LNS4041D started losing picture recently until it finally disappeared for good. We googled the problem and stumbled upon this and other message boards about the faulty capacitors. We opened up the tv and found only one capacitor that was buldging out. We replaced it and the TV was working again! It was a great feeling but it was short lived as 2 days later the picture died again. It happened after we hooked up the playstation 3 back to the tv. We're not sure if our fix was not good enough for the tv to handle the playstation or maybe we should have replaced all the caps...either way it didn't last ;/ I wonder how long it lasted for the other people who posted that they managed to fix their tv's...Btw...the capacitor that we replaced wasn't one of the four 10V ones that everyone's talking about as they looked just fine, not buldging out at all. The one that appeared convex was one of the top 25v ones, CM808 to be precise. I wonder if we should have replaced the 10v's as well...

UPDATE: After replacing 806,811,812 and 817 the TV worked fine for 3 days then it started to power off again :( . At first once a day, then several times a day. It comes back on after I turn the TV on and TAP the bottom part of the frame few times. It's been like that for almost 2 weeks. It's annoying but at least it's still working. :-?

UPDATE: After 3 weeks of smacking the TV it doesn't work anymore and there's no picture when we turn it on. We're thinking of replacing either the mother board or the circuit/power supply board? Which one should we replace? Anyone? :/