Samsung LCD TV - LNS4051 power on problem

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Re: Samsung LCD TV - LNS4051 power on problem

Postposted on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Post the pictures of new capacitors installed. The leads of capacitor may be reversed while in installing.

impalaboy wrote:Bummer...replaced the 4 caps but still same power issue :(
Thanks again for everyone's help on this issue.
jz57
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week. If I get a chance before I go, I will post pictures. If not, I'll try to do it when I get back. Thanks.
impalaboy
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:30 am

Add me to the list of Samsung LCD victims. 3 months out of warranty and I had the same issues with my LN-T4061F with "delayed power on / clicking", that within a few days went to "no power on". After reading the posts on this site, I opened my TV and found the bulging capacitors just as described. Both 2200uf caps were obviously swelled and bulging. I decided to replace all of the large caps, so I went to a local electronics shop and purchased (2) 2200uf 10v, (2) 1000uf 25v, and (1) 1000uf 10v capacitors. Having some soldering experience, I had the old caps out and the new caps installed in about 15 minutes. Result - TV turns on immediately, no more delay or repetitive clicking!

THANKS to all that posted previously with the advice and tips.... you saved me a bunch of cash and stress.

After seeing all the simular issues on this and other forums, Samsung has lost my respect...my next big purchase tv will be a Sony.
gama347
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi Everyone:

Special thanks to billne and zazik for all their detailed and very helpful help. I have the Samsung 46" 4661FX model and after approx. 17 months of use, I have been experiencing the same problem with the power on function-it started about a month ago where the you would switch on tv and the red light would flicker on and off and a clicking noise for about 2-3 times would occur (relay system). Now it has progress to over 15 clicking noises before tv turns on. No picture problems, everything else is ok so I figured it was a start problem. Called the Samsung customer service and they were no help because our 1-yr warranty has expired and for $2500 that my sister spent on this tv, it's a shame that the Samsung "lies" saying that no one else has had this issue, etc. I unplugged, double-checked all cables, disconnected my HD PVR box (to ensure there was no signal interference)...the issue keeps getting progressively worse. I live in Toronto, Canada and I'm thinking I would like to buy a brand new Power Supply (PS) box and swap the bad one out. I have not opened the tv back panel yet to look at the PS box and any faulty bulging capacitors-I need some help lifting and laying unit flat...I am so disappointed with Samsung because this is clearly a design flaw on their part and they should know that 10v capacitors is not sufficient...and should replace entire power supply for free, just like a recall, regardless of warranty expiring.
As such, I am going to post a very detailed letter to Samsung and even in Consumers Report and clearly state why no other consumers should purchase Samsung LCD tvs since several models from (40, 42, 46, etc) have the exact same issue. I saw a few months ago a tv program on CityTV News raving and comparing all lcd and plasma and ranking Samsung LCD as top quality and value for lcds-well, I am also going to send them my letter and how there have been numerous issues with this exact same problem-power on (power supply). Anyways, I will keep you all posted once I found somewhere to purchase a new power supply (or replace capacitors to 25V which my dad can do).
If anyone knows of a good electronics store that I can buy the power supply from, please let me know. Good luck to all the victims of this manufacturing defect that should have been corrected-clearly 10V is not sufficient energy supply??
girlonthebeach
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:54 pm

girlonthebeach wrote:Anyways, I will keep you all posted once I found somewhere to purchase a new power supply (or replace capacitors to 25V which my dad can do).
If anyone knows of a good electronics store that I can buy the power supply from, please let me know. Good luck to all the victims of this manufacturing defect that should have been corrected-clearly 10V is not sufficient energy supply??

The power supply module is a custom product, you can't just go buy a replacement off the shelf somewhere. The only way to purchase a new replacement for the entire supply board would be to get it from Samsung and pay their markup (if they will even supply the raw part...some companies will, others will not for greed or liability reasons). Moreover, there's not even a good reason to do that if the problem is limited to a design problem in a few cheap, replaceable parts. Just disconnect power, wait a while for everything to safely discharge, remove the board, and have your dad change out the bad capacitors.
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Re: Samsung LCD TV - LN S4051 power on problem

Postposted on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Let me add my voice to this chorus. I just replaced the 4 capacitors I bought at Radio Shack in my Samsung TV model LN S4051D. It's working great. Never soldered in my life. Took all (don't forget the one in the middle) the screws out of the back, took pictures of the 6 or so wire connections (so I could put them back in correctly) and then removed the 6 screws holding the power supply board in. It's the one in the middle bottom part of the TV after you get the back panel off. To remove the wires, pinch the contactor at the top, (they hold on like a clothespin) don't try to pry it off. I bought the 15 watt solder iron for putting the new capacitors in but to remove the old capacitors, I needed more heat and used the copper wick from Radio Shack to soak up the old solder as it melted. You really have to pay attention to the polarity and they are printed on the back side of the board. Long wire in the + hole. I used the thinner 0.022 inch diameter solder on the advice of the saleman. Don't cut the excess wires until the soldering is done.It wasn't pretty when I finished and I thought I probably burned something, splattered solder everywhere or scratched the board too bad to work. But it works and I'm a happy camper. :D

SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG, not for making this thing with cheap or unsuitable parts, but for not fixing the problem now that you know about it. :evil:
hifinsword
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung LCD TV - LN S4051 power on problem

Postposted on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm

hifinsword wrote:Let me add my voice to this chorus. I just replaced the 4 capacitors I bought at Radio Shack in my Samsung TV model LN S4051D. It's working great. Never soldered in my life. Took all (don't forget the one in the middle) the screws out of the back, took pictures of the 6 or so wire connections (so I could put them back in correctly) and then removed the 6 screws holding the power supply board in. It's the one in the middle bottom part of the TV after you get the back panel off. To remove the wires, pinch the contactor at the top, (they hold on like a clothespin) don't try to pry it off. I bought the 15 watt solder iron for putting the new capacitors in but to remove the old capacitors, I needed more heat and used the copper wick from Radio Shack to soak up the old solder as it melted. You really have to pay attention to the polarity and they are printed on the back side of the board. Long wire in the + hole. I used the thinner 0.022 inch diameter solder on the advice of the saleman. Don't cut the excess wires until the soldering is done.It wasn't pretty when I finished and I thought I probably burned something, splattered solder everywhere or scratched the board too bad to work. But it works and I'm a happy camper. :D

SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG, not for making this thing with cheap or unsuitable parts, but for not fixing the problem now that you know about it. :evil:

You really have some good advice, and I want to emphasize it.

A 15W soldering iron is the tool of choice for a repair of this nature. I have a 15W, 45W, and 225W (gun). I use the 15W the most, and it's always for things like this. Use more powerful irons on larger tasks, like deans ultra connectors in the RC world.

Narrow solder is preferred. The narrower your solder the easier it is to control as you wet the joint.

Again, PRACTICE! I highly suggest doing an FM modulator or something before you run through your TV so you can get some practice inserting parts.
SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Thread stickied. Should have done this months ago.

Thanks to everyone providing good advice.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.
Kevin
Administrator

Postposted on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:52 pm

Mine is probably a unique experience, but felt I owe it to the group to share. After confirming my swollen caps, I attempted to replace them myself. I did not have any luck. I then bought a replacement board online. It was a Samsung replacement. No luck. At that point, I was pretty frustrated. I had already called Samsung looking for an authorized service center, even though I was out of warranty. Having none with a 50 mile radius, they told me I was out of luck. I then posted my story, in a polite way, on ripoffreport.com
Much to my disbelief, in about 2 weeks my home phone rang and the caller ID showed Samsung. The lady said that "a colleague of hers told her about my issue" and she wanted to see what could be done. After confirming my information, she concurred that I lived more than 50 miles from any service center. She then asked if I had my original receipt. As luck would have it, I did. I emailed a scanned copy of the receipt. She said they would give me 50 cents on the dollar in the form of a CHECK. She said they would send a truck within 30 business days to pickup the TV and the truck driver would hand me the check. I still didn't believe it, but lo and behold about 21 business days later a Best-Way trucking company called me to say they had an order to pickup a tv at my house, and they had an envelope for me. We scheduled the pickup, and sure enough, they came to my house, picked up my tv and handed me an envelope containing a cashiers check for over $1,000. This was awesome as I had already purchased a new TV and didn't want a Samsung store credit or anything like that. In the end, I felt as though Samsung did me right. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
tivoROCKSme
Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:04 am

Same television same problem. Paid 1700.00 from Leon's for it to replace a 40" RCA that stopped working 4 days after delivery and that would take 3 months to have a tech come and investigate the problem. Thanks for this forum I am going to try the solution.
mrbubb
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:33 am

Hi,
I don't have the lns4051 but have the lnt4071f which I bought about 18 months ago as well. Last night, while watching the tv, the screen went blank and the sound died and the tv immediately started making the "clicking sound." After taking the back off of the tv, I noticed that the caps were not bulging. I let the tv click for almost an hour without any luck. Should I try and replace the caps anyway? As I said, they are not bulging. :-? Please help.
geomd1
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:48 pm

geomd1 wrote:Hi,
I don't have the lns4051 but have the lnt4071f which I bought about 18 months ago as well. Last night, while watching the tv, the screen went blank and the sound died and the tv immediately started making the "clicking sound." After taking the back off of the tv, I noticed that the caps were not bulging. I let the tv click for almost an hour without any luck. Should I try and replace the caps anyway? As I said, they are not bulging. :-? Please help.

Replacing caps that aren't bad aren't likely to help you. Make sure you're looking at the right sets of caps, and maybe post some pictures.

A "bulging" cap doesn't have to have an increased diameter. Any amount of separation in the X perforation on top is enough to warrant replacement.
SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 am

The caps weren't bulging or displaced at all. I replaced the caps anyway and it didn't fix the problem unfortunately. What else could it possibly be? The symptoms seem so similar to everyone elses in this post...
geomd1
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi everyone....thanks again for all the helpful information. Since getting a "custom" power supply board is not going to be easy, I am going to buy the capacitors...I guess anything greater than 10W, like 15W and replace them by carefully removing and ensuring new ones go in with right polarity and my dad can solder them no problem since he's fixed video game boards before. I've "escalated" the complaint with Samsung and have yet to have a resolution so lucky atleast someone got $1000 back from them. I honestly will not purchase another Samsung lcd tv bc of this, no chance. There are too many other competitors on the market with excellent product and warranty service that don't have this "foreseeable" design flaw that Samsung did. I'll take pics and post for the repair/replacement of the capacitors. Thanks again to this forum and all its members :)
girlonthebeach
Gerbil In Training

Power supply for Samsung LCD 4661 TV

Postposted on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:57 pm

I have a ? regarding the types of caps to install
I found a thread about replacing the capacitors in the power supply and luckly found the same value caps in an old PC power supply. (2200 uF 10 v 105c) and the TV works now. I'm stoked. My question is I want to buy some new fresh caps to keep on hand and was wondering if there is a certain type I should be looking for ie. lower ESR, energy storage, snubbering, EMI suppression...
Thnks
Paukets
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi guys! i finally get to post i was going to wait till my tv was fixed.
i have the lnt4061 started acting up about a month ago,first took two clicks to get it on than every week got worse 3 clicks so on,
than pink and green dots started showing up,but when it warmed up and i turned it off and on than the dots would dissappear i started
looking on line
for solutions abut two weeks ago.thank god i found this forum and been reading it every day see how everyones progress was.well finally it died two days ago
took the back off it and all my 4 capacitors were bulging.and everything else looked fine.went to radio shack got the recommended ones 1000uf 25v
than i was debating about getting a soldering gun,not trusting myself to much with it came home and googled electronics repair shops,found one that said fixing tv's and all kinds of electronics.took off the board the back panel and went up to the shop.the guy told me i wasnt the first one in there with the same request. he took the power board and the capacitors out of my hand layed it on his wooden board and started melting the back of it.i almoast passed out cause he barely looked at which ones he was taking out,To my amusement he was done in 3 minutes(i timed him)than i asked him how much he said
10 bucks (wow i was thinkin if i got my tv fixed for 16 bucks i'll s...)got home put it back together and came right on.oh the guy said 90 percent of the time on samsungs with power on problems were the 4 capacitors
causing this.thanks again to zazik if it wasnt for his pictures i would have not attemted this ,i'm glad i did
thank you all for the great posts
Z
zoli28l
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung LCD TV - LNT527F power on problem

Postposted on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 am

My turn. Have read the posts but not seen feedback on the LNT527F. Can anyone confirm same issue with this model. Radio shak down the street! Plz Hurry. British Open / Tour de France in action!
THX!! 8)
JavaJava
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:53 pm

WOW!!! 4 months since I posted the pics and this thread is still alive :D . I'm glad it helped so many people. Respect again to billne for the find and all others who keep this thread alive. My next TV will definitely be a Samsung, guess why?... Because I know how to fix it :lol:
zazik
Gerbil In Training

Samsung LCD TV - LNT4669 Power On Problem

Postposted on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:04 am

**EDIT by mod** The information in the original thread pertains to many different Samsung models, lets keep it all in one place as a reference. Merged. --SpotTheCat

This thread is similar to and based on my successful fix using the info from the Tech Report thread http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62360

The information and pictures here are for the Samsung 46 inch LCD TV LNT4669F. I used the information in the above thread and had a successful fix thanks to photos and info from billne and zazik. Thanks folks!

Problem: When powering my TV on, the TV would click and cycle over and over. After progressively longer cycles it would eventually turn on, however, according to other posters, I was concerned that it could actually kill the screen and/or fail to come on at all. Based on the information gained in this forum, I checked the capacitors on my motherboard and sure enough, I found 2 10Volt capacitors had bubbled and were leaking electrolyte fluid (black in color). Evidently, Samsung installed under voltage capacitors on their LCD TVS manufactured between 2005 and 2007.

Fix: (Photos below) Note - I am not an electrician nor have I ever soldered before and I was able to successfully accomplish this working slowly for about an hour.

1. There were only 2 10Volt capacitors on motherboard of my TV, contrary to the 4 in the LNS4041 pictured on the other thread.
2. Went to Radio Shack and bought 2 1000uf, 35Volt capacitors (See Picture 7) Cost: $1.59 each plus tax
3. Bought a cheap 5pc soldering iron and kit, including 60/40 rosin core solder Cost: $7.99 plus tax
4. Lay unplugged TV face down on a work table ( i covered my table with a blanket)
5. Unscrew and remove plastic back cover of TV...approximately 18 screws
6. Disconnected 5 plugs (take a picture to remind yourself where cords plug in so you can check yourself)
7. Unscrew and remove metal cage (holes all over it) approximately 6-7 screws (See picture
8. Unplug 7 cords that are attached to the motherboard and move them carefully out of the way
9. Unscrew motherboard - 6 screws (See pictures 2 and 3)
10. Carefully lift motherboard out, it is held in place by one metal tab on either side. Just lift one side carefully but firmly and it will unsnap
11. Move your board to the work area near your soldering iron
12. Practice with your soldering iron and solder - use some wire and a metal plate (be careful, plate and wire can get hot!)
13. Before removing bad capacitors (mine were labeled CM852 and CM853, both 10Volts), make a note of which direction the stripe on the capacitor is facing. The stripe indicates the negative polarity...you will need to remember this before you install the new one. (See Pictures 6 and 7)
14. To remove bad capacitors, (this is my method, not necessarily the best method) turn motherboard upside down and using the soldering iron, hold the angled portion of the iron to the lead and the existing solder area. When it heats to melting, gently pull on the capacitor from the opposite side, rocking it to pull out the short lead you are working on.
15. Repeat for the second lead and then the second capacitor.
16. Install new capacitor - remember, on the new capacitor the short lead is negative, the long lead is positive. (The stripe on the side also indicates negative if you need visual confirmation) (See picture 7)
17. Slightly bend the leads on the opposite (back) side of the motherboard to hold the capacitor in place
18. Apply a small drop of hot solder on the base of each lead
19. After it cools, trim the lead with wire cutters to about an 1/8 of inch above the soldered area.
20. Repeat for each lead - Note - the second capacitor will sit at a slight angle as the new 35Volt capacitors have a larger diameter than the old 10Volt capacitors. This is OK as long as the leads are soldered firmly. I have never soldered before so I worked slowly and though electricians might have thought it painstaking, it was worth it to be careful and not burn the motherboard. If you would like a visual on how to solder a motherboard, try these youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myyWEEYjjuU or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNDa2Wvk8I&feature=fvw They helped me a lot.
21. Make sure that each lead is solid and then complete steps 1-10 in reverse order.
22. Make sure that you firmly connect all plugs prior to putting on the cage cover and outer cover.

Those are the steps that led me to a successful fix of my TV...for a total of $12 and an hour of my time! I am very thankful to the posters on this forum that gave me the confidence to try this fix. The TV turns on instantly...like new! Good luck with your attempt, I hope this information helps!

Good luck! Cari

PIcture 1 - Back of TV with outer cover removed - Must remove cage that covers motherboard

Picture 2 - Photo of uncovered motherboard with blown capacitors circled in red

Picture 3 - Closer shot of previous photo, location of blown capacitors circled in red

Picture 4 - Picture of what a blown capacitor looks like:

PIcture 5 - Blown capacitors tend to "bubble" up on top where the electrolyte fluid leaks

Picture 6 - Blown Capacitors - 10 Volt with polarity stripe shown

Picture 7 - Radio Shack 1000uf 35 Volt Capacitor in package
peakviewer
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:10 am

Java !just take the back off and take a look!Zazik i was thinking the same thing i could use a cheap used one for my bedroom:-)
thanks Billne 4 sure he posted first about the bad capacitors.
zoli28l
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Hello Members,

Count me also to the Samsung victims, I have a LE-37M87B, on this moment only the sound is still present on the TV set.
I hope dat some body can give me advice, how to repair the set. :oops:

Many thanks, Robert
Robert M
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey my turn.
I have a Samsung LN-S4051D. It appeared to have the same issue with power up as mentioned in this thread. I looked at my TVs power board and it looked the same as what is posted (bulging and leaking caps). I had to go on a business trip and the wife was bugging me so I took the easy but more expensive route. I ordered a new IP board. Just got back into town today and installed it. Unfortunately, the problem was not fixed. Still, no picture with clicking and red indicator light blinks.

Any suggestions?
MHare
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Yo another new guy here just for this thread...

I have the Samsung 40" LCD model LNT-4061FX I bought used from a guy that moved out of state, damn good deal as he paid $1500 just a year ago and I bought it for $500. However when I first setup the TV the on off thing happened for about 7 times and it would turn on. TV worked fine although it did this each time I turned it on. Problem got worse over the last couple months and after researched I found out the problem was exactly what this thread is all about.

SOOO, my power supply board had (2) bad caps, 2200f 10volts, I picked up (2) new caps today at a repair shop (2200F 16V) for about $10 and WALAAA, it turns on right away! :D I'm pretty excited that I only have a little over $500 on this LCD as it is a pretty sweet TV when it's on! The repair guy said they use these on basically all the Samsung models with the same problem and they have worked great.

BTW: Peakviewer it's not a great idea to put the Radioshack 1000F 35V in place of a 2200 cap. It might work for a while, but could lead to other problems. My suggestion is to find caps that are rated 2200f for your model TV.

Power Supply Board for the LNT-4061FX

The top two caps are bulging

Here is the board with the new 2200 16V caps installed

I wish good luck to all of those with similiar problems, even if you are unsure whats wrong even a newbie to electronics can take the panel off the TV to see if the Cap's are good or not and figure out the problem.
Boosted
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:07 am

I have an LNT4661FX that had the same problem up until about a week ago. I fixed it as per this discussion, replacing only the two caps that were obviously shot. TV worked fine for a week and then all of a sudden I have the same problem where it turns on for about 2 seconds and then I'm left with sound but no picture. Does anyone know specifically which caps are the bad ones on this model? I'm thinking about replacing the cluster of 5 around the original 2 I replaced. I hope this works, any info would be appreciated.
chrimart
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 am

First off, I would like to thank all of the prior posters for offering up their information. Without all of this info, I would have either had a dead TV or a huge repair bill.

I have a $1100 Samsung 40" LCD LN-T4061F that is almost two years old. It displayed the same symptoms you have all described. When you press the power button, it would make the start-up chime, and then repeat it again after a few minutes without ever turning on. If you waited long enough it might display a series of vertical lines on the screen, but no real picture. I didn't think there was anything I would be able to do, but after finding this board I decided to give it a try.

I opened up the back of the TV, and found everything as described before. Two of the caps were leaking and two were bulging... even the same part identifiers on the board as described on other models - CS806, CM811, CM812 and CM817. I went to Radio Shack, but it turns out they only really sell phones now. They had a few drawers of caps, with everything in the wrong slots and none of the parts I was looking for. Even the employees admitted they didn't even know what a capacitor is. I found a local electronics store that had what I need. I bought 4 NTE Model #NEV1000M25EF caps, 1000 mF, 25V. They were very close in size to the original caps, but rated for higher voltage. I gave the board to a friend who knows what he's doing, and 10 minutes later I had a working TV again. Total time - about 30 minutes. Total cost - $4.62 (including sales tax). Very happy. Thank you all.
dwright
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Thank You so much for this. I spent $25 bucks at radio shack for the caps, solder and a soldering iron. Too bad I found this after the sears guy charged me $379. The new board still has not came, but if anybody needs one. TV seems to work great after replacing the caps. Thanks again.
littlepumacat
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks for all of you who have posted about the power on problem with Samsung. :D I was just searching the web to see if others were having the same problem I was and a lot of you were. Especially thanks to the one who posted the pictures of the repair with the new capacitors. I would never have tried something like this without those pics. Samsung would not admit that there was a problem with their capacitors and repairs are tooooo expensive at a shop. With the posts and $25 at Radio Shack, I purchased the new parts and a soldering iron. Since I am a welder by trade, I had experience with soldering. The job took less than an hour and the tv came on instantly when plugged in. Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! I will stay away from Samsung in the future but I am happy to have learned how to get help!! :D
UAFitter
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Welcome to all the new people.

Did this topic draw you in?

Just wondering because so many new faces in one thread is rare.

Also, speaking of this issue, I found more info here:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1ez ... ln-s4051-d

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-4_102-0.htm ... dID=316414

Dposcorp
Gerbil Jedi

Well me for 1 did join because of this topic :)
thanks for all the info it was SPOT ON my Samsung's now working...even tho i never got as far as the pic's posted i shot of to Maplin where i got a set of 160 mixed capacitors for £8.99 and all is now fixed.
10 min job saved me over £150.
anyone who is thinking of trying to fix there T.V go for it it's easy.
Once Again Thank You For The Help :D
Peter Acko
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:08 am

I too had the startup problem with my 4051. I called Samsung and they feigned ignorance on the topic, and were no help at all. Thanks to TR forum, I was able to correctly diagnose my problem and replace the offending board. There are 5 caps bulging on mine. With the new board installed, all is well with my set. I intend to get new caps and solder them in place to replace the new board when it goes bad in two years. Then I will fix that one. I have two Samsung LCD TV sets, two Samsung DVD players, a Samsung computer monitor and two Samsung cameras. Guess what? No more Samsung for this family. They cannot man up to their ineptitude and at least offer some kind of compromise to keep their customers happy? Then screw em. Goodbye Samsung and hello Sony, or Panasonic or Sharp.

Big Kudos to the originating poster that started this thread and all the contributors for their experiences and photos. Especially thanks to TR for attracting talented helpfull people. :D
wriggly
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:53 am

My turn.....I bought my LNT 4669f a year ago February. Late June of this year I started having this problem and then our first son arrived. With a ton of company in and out of the house I was unable to try and remedy this problem with the advice given on this site. I would just leave my TV on overnight so it would be on in the morning. It is now the 31st of July and my TV powered off and is trying to power on without success. Did I just screw myself? I plan on taking the back off the TV a little later in the morning as it is 530am and I can barely see straight.

I also sent a lovely Email to Samsung earlier in July and finally received one back. It said, "sorry, our email system has been down temporarily. You will need to resend your email or call our customer service."

Lovely

Oh, I forgot...Where can I buy 2200 16v caps?
Culebra16
Gerbil In Training

PreviousNext

Return to Visual Haven