Samsung 22inch LCD, LPT227W

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Samsung 22inch LCD, LPT227W

Postposted on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Have a five year old Samsung 22inch LCD, LPT227W. Like most everyone else I've lost power to the TV. I'm determined to repair it myself, found a replacement part online before stumbling onto this forum. I decided to open the case first to verify the part #. Unfortunately thats where my efforts came to a halt. There are only two visible external screws. I suspect it must have some type of locking tabs holding the case together, but am not sure. There is also a slot in the back of the case that has an imprint of a padlock above it . Need help to open the case before I end up ripping the back off in frustration.
Thanx :o
alldaydreamer
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung 22inch LCD, LPT227W

Postposted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:25 pm

I think the slot with the padlock is for one of thosekensington locks laptops have.

I recently replaced the capacitors in my own 3 year old Samsung monitor, and it was a royal pain to get the back off. I used a plastic knife to finally get it off, but broke one of the tabs in the process. There were 6 total I think, so it still went back together fine in the end. I don't know what sort of tool they use when they repair them at Samsung, but looking at the tabs after I opened it up, I don't see how they could even get to them to depress the little clips to keep them from breaking off.

So all I can tell you is to take the screws out, and slide one of those heavy duty plastic silverware knives around the sides till you can find where the clips are. Then just jam it in there and pull on the back and hope for the best haha. I'm guessing the two screws are at the bottom of the monitor like mine, so start at one of the two tabs closest to the side where the screws were so you have somewhere to pull from.
bobboobles
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: Samsung 22inch LCD, LPT227W

Postposted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanx for the reply. Thought of doing just that but I guess I needed someone to agree with me. Didnt want to use a screw driver for obvious reasons. Thought of using a guitar pick but the plastic knife sounds good.
alldaydreamer
Gerbil In Training

Return to Visual Haven