DVD making

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

DVD making

Postposted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:07 pm

I just got a TV tuner not to long ago and started digitizing our family's home movie collection. What I am looking to do now is make them into DVD's and hand them out to my family. I looked at using windows dvd maker, but it doesn't have all the capabilities that I need. Here is what I am looking to do:

1) Make custom scenes (chapters) in the DVD to separate the short clips of the home video footage.
2) Combine multiple videos (each one is 20 minutes long or so), so they will fit on a DVD
3) Have a basic title screen
4) Maybe add some visual enhancement if it is possible.
5) Cut out bad parts in the movie

Basically I just want to make fairly decent DVD's to give to my family so we can watch them again.
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.
mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Re: DVD making

Postposted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Have you tried Windows Live Movie Maker?
Q9400@3.2GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 8GB DDR2-800 | MSI GTX 560 Ti | Lian Li PC-7B | Corsair 450VX | Dell 2005FPW
crazybus
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Re: DVD making

Postposted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks crazybus, that was exactly what I was looking for.
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.
mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Return to Visual Haven