Samsung DLP TV - freezes up ?

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Samsung DLP TV - freezes up ?

Postposted on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:52 pm

OK - Here we go !!
I have a Samsung DLP Model # HLN4365W TV that I'm having problems with. When I turned it on, power light would blink, but TV would not come on. I did some research on this sight & others & came to the conclusion I needed to change the Lamp. Went to Fry's purchased a new Lamp, installed it, but no change. Further
research showed it was probably the Ballast ? I purchased a new Ballast & installed it. I tried it with the original lamp, but same result - Power light blinking 2 or 3
times then all 3 lights would blink. Trouble Shooting Guide says change the lamp. I put the new Lamp in with the new Ballast installed & it powered up a came on !!!
Picture looks great, started patting myself on the back, thought I had it fixed !!! It is working fine, then the Picture "Freezes-Up" Black & White. I turned it off then
back on & it looks good again ? Then, after about 5 to 10 minutes, it Freezes-Up again Black & White. This is where I am now, It will come on for a little while, then
Freeze-Up ? ANY IDEAS will be appreciated !!!
Pittstop
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung DLP TV - freezes up ?

Postposted on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 pm

OK, Come on now. There are 482 replies to the above thread on the Samsung LCD TV problems. Somebody has to have an idea about a DLP TV ?
I called Samsung Tech Dept. but all they wanted to do is set up an appointment for a Technician to come out. My thoughts are it might be an over
heating problem since it comes on for a few minutes then freezes up. I checked the fan & it seems to be working properly.
Again, any ideas will be appreciated.
Pittstop
Gerbil In Training

Re: Samsung DLP TV - freezes up ?

Postposted on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 pm

I had that problem like 2 months after the initial warranty expired. It ended up being the control board/panel. Was a pretty large piece. The tech told me at the time it was $400 to replace it. I showed him my extended warranty paperwork, and it took care of it. Hope that helps some.

also...i just noticed..ive been a member since 07 and only have 4 posts...lol
XorCist
Gerbil

Return to Visual Haven