Samsung LCD 46" TV LNT4661FX weak or no signal

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Samsung LCD 46" TV LNT4661FX weak or no signal

Postposted on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:30 pm

I've been a victim of the Samsung power on problem that is well described in this forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62360
Thankfully, Samsung sent someone out and fixed the issue for free as my caps were blown.

Now, I have a new problem with this TV (I love Samsung :evil: ) All was working fine up to about 4 months ago.

We have a house full of gamers and have an Onkyo receiver the connects an XBox 360, PS3 and Wii to our TV via the HDMI port. When I switch over to the gaming systems, the TV responds with "weak or No signal" and does not display the video (you can hear the audio though). Now, this problem is not consistent. For the 360, it happens maybe 10% of the time. PS3 about 60% of the time and the Wii 100% of the time. For the 360 and PS3, maybe 10 minutes later it will finally detect the signal and show the screen. The Wii is hopeless, it never comes on. Now, I have skipped the receiver and plugged directly into the TV, so the receiver is not to blame. I have also tried the other HDMI input port on the TV with the same result. I have also connected the Wii using the component cables to the TV directly and still the same.

I'm very familiar with the caps issue which I had repaired already. This issue seems alot less common than that problem based on forum posts, but now I'm wondering if this is the same type of caps issue rearing its ugly head yet again. I'm hesitant to get a high priced repair guy out here if this is a known problem that is fixable by myself or a problem Samsung will fix for free. My next step is to call Samsung, but not looking forward to dueling with their customer service on the phone.

thank you in advance,
Neil
koolcat
Gerbil In Training

Return to Visual Haven