HDMI connection problem with SAMSUNG LCD TV

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

HDMI connection problem with SAMSUNG LCD TV

Postposted on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 am

I have searched around on forums but couldnt find a solution to this particular problem.
Im currently having difficulties connecting my ps3 to my samsung lcd tv (model le32n73bd) via a hdmi cable.
Both HDMI1 and HDMI2 are 'greyed out' and unavailable on source list menu, and so i cant select hdmi from source button, even when the ps3 is turned on.
The problem isnt with the ps3 as i have reset the display settings and used it on other tvs without any problems as well as this one many times previously.

Ive had this tv for a couple of years now and never had this problem, its only started since ive had the tv repaierd. I recently had a problem with the tv whereby it just wouldnt turn on except the blue standby light would blink. I had this repaired (replaced the psu i think) and the tv works fine now except for the hdmi problem im having.
Ive tried using the composite cable and that works fine and the problem is definetly not the hdmi cable as i have checked that it does work on my other samsung tv.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
slaminator
Gerbil In Training

Re: HDMI connection problem with SAMSUNG LCD TV

Postposted on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:33 am

this almost feels like thread necromancy, but come on man. obviously the tv repair messed up the ports by wrecking the HDMI bit inside the TV that controlled both ports.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... back to you with the weather, Bob!
computron9000
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Return to Visual Haven