Wifi Security Cam accessed via iPad?

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Wifi Security Cam accessed via iPad?

Postposted on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:47 pm

security cam, wifi over ipad cheaply?
Last edited by computron9000 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... back to you with the weather, Bob!
computron9000
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Wifi Security Cam accessed via iPad?

Postposted on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:25 pm

I would mainly be concerned about (1) how good the low-light/distance coverage of that camera actually is, and (2) whether the quality of the unit would hold up over time. Is the device truly reliable, or would it tend to suffer from firmware lockups when operating 24/7 for weeks at a time?
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Re: Wifi Security Cam accessed via iPad?

Postposted on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Those are good points.

Low-light issues should not be a problem... plenty of artificial lighting. That camera also can toss out IR for night-vision, but I think it would reflect off the glass, so that won't work. Reliability though, I hadn't really considered.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... back to you with the weather, Bob!
computron9000
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Return to Visual Haven