free standing monitor stand

What you see is what you get, including photography, displays, and video equipment.

Moderators: Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

free standing monitor stand

Postposted on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:10 am

i am trying to build a display for my company for going to trade shows. i want to mount a 32-42" LCD 1080p TV on a free standing monitor stand at about eye level. i would strap a mini pc like the Zotac ZBOXHD-ID40-U to the back. the stand needs to have a shelf for a keyboard. it also needs to break down for shipping. other than that i want something as minimal as possible. Can anyone recommend a product? i found this http://www.chiefmfg.com/Series/PF1 but didn't know if there were other choices.

while i'm asking can anyone recommend a shipping case for 32 to 42" monitors.
i7-930, GA-X58A-UD3R, Agility 2 240GB, 2 TB WD Black *2 mirror, ATI 5850 1 GB, 12GB (3*4GB)
hiro_pro
Gerbil

Re: free standing monitor stand

Postposted on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:25 pm

hiro_pro wrote:The stand needs to have a shelf for a keyboard.

This requirement is a bit worrisome as there are more opportunities for someone to knock the stand off-balance. Is there any reason why this setup couldn't be used on a table instead? Or at least use a wireless keyboard, so that the keyboard does not have to be connected to the stand?

In any case, it sounds like what you need is more along the lines of a "portable computer tripod", which produces quite a few Google hits although most of them are designed for laptops.
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Return to Visual Haven