Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Winterice
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

LG BD620 Blue ray player - need help in something

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:32 am

Hello all,

i've been thinking to buy the LG BD620 Blue ray player after the good reviews i've read about it. But i have an important question, i wanted to know if i can play 3d movies directly from the USB on the Blue ray player, as the movies are generally big in size 9~12gb and up i want to know if the Blue ray player gonna be able to play them from the USB so i won;t have to burn dvds all the time..thanks.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Re: LG BD620 Blue ray player - need help in something

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Winterice wrote:
Hello all,

i've been thinking to buy the LG BD620 Blue ray player after the good reviews i've read about it. But i have an important question, i wanted to know if i can play 3d movies directly from the USB on the Blue ray player, as the movies are generally big in size 9~12gb and up i want to know if the Blue ray player gonna be able to play them from the USB so i won;t have to burn dvds all the time..thanks.

I don't know the answer to that, but you should try the more dedicated forums, like this one:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1317645/offic ... ies-thread
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

Winterice
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:11 am

thanks alot for replying

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:04 pm

The manual provided some information on this.
The manual wrote:
This player supports USB flash drive/external HDD formatted in FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS when accessing files (music, photo, movie). However, for Blu-ray contents, only FAT16 and FAT32 formats are supported. Use the USB flash drive/external HDD formatted in either FAT16 or FAT32 when enjoying Blu-ray contents.

I believe "Blu-ray contents" are DLC/cached stuff from a real disc. That requires FAT only file system. MKV files it seems it can play on NTFS volumes, so the 4GB filesize limit of FAT32 does not seem to be an issue. The 3D bit you may need to try it yourself or find someone who has tried.

Edit: the product page said it can only play 2D Blurays? So the answer may be no?
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.