Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

CPU Temp Measurement

Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:47 pm

Right now I check the CPU temp through the BIOS hardware monitor. That requires me to have to reboot though. I was wondering if there is a windows XP program that will let me know what the temps and fan speeds are while I'm still in windows. Hopefully free programs if there are several to choose from. Thanks for the help.

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:57 pm

I haven't really looked online for temperature programs, but I use the prgram that came with my motherboard. The programs is ASUS Probe and it measures everything from CPU temperatures, mobo temperatures, fan speeds, vcore voltage, and the voltage being delivered from the PSU. Try googling what you are looking for. If it is out there, cahnces are it is on google.
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:18 pm

There is a free program called motherboard monitor that you can get from http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ that should fit your requirements. It lets you check temps, fan speed, and voltages on your computer. It loads up in windows so you do not have to restart to check everything in your bios, and it also works fine with windows XP. Hope this helps.