Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

lisaqld1981
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler

Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:19 am

Hi all,

I am after some advice please, i read an article on about the Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler, now i am using the cooler that came with my Intel E7200, my friend helped overclock / speed up my pc but he said the heat is a little high and i should buy a new heatsink, so after looking around i found a lot of good feedback about the Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler. I am referring to the cooler in the article below.

Article Source: Technology Website

My question is... is it easy to change the cooler over ? i am scared of opening my PC up and my techy friend is now on holidays for 3 months, is it possible for a woman to manage this task i should i pay someone to do it ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one

bdwilcox
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler

Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:55 am

@@@@@@@@@@@ That link you provided is throwing up a virus warning on my system! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Titan Fenrir CPU Cooler

Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:52 am

bdwilcox wrote:
@@@@@@@@@@@ That link you provided is throwing up a virus warning on my system! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's what you get for clicking links that a newbie posts.

Edit: just in case this is serious, yes, it's not a hard maneuver. You still want to ask someone who knows what they're doing, though.
Basically you just twist (if needed) and unlodge the snap-in pins of the cooler that came with the system, unplug the thin coloured cables from the motherboard, lift it all off, snap in the new cooler and connect the thin cable of the new fan.