Moderators: renee, Starfalcon

eviletboy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Thermaltake CL-W0075 Liquid Cooling System

Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:14 am

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

i don't know much about liquid cooling. of cox i know the normal principle. lol
is that good enough to be O.C? i hear that some ppl said you could add something in it could be run more cold.(is that dry ice) is that the truth?

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Thermaltake CL-W0075 Liquid Cooling System

Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:29 pm

The simple thing with liquid cooling is that if you have never done it before you are better off getting a self contained kit. Two, you also have to maintain a liquid cooling system as in check it for leaks frequently along with changing the fluid when it looses its cooling ability. It is not something you want to try on a whim as it may allow you to run cooler while OCed, there is a lot more you have to deal with that an install and forget like a air cooled system. The "thing" you have heard about is called a peltier, it gets extremely cold on one side and extremely hot on the other. It is used in extreme OC liquid cooled systems since air cooling is unable to keep it from overheating. They come in several varieties, from low power to insane for the extreme liquid nitrogen crowd. Definately not for a beginner.

eviletboy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Starfalcon wrote:
The simple thing with liquid cooling is that if you have never done it before you are better off getting a self contained kit. Two, you also have to maintain a liquid cooling system as in check it for leaks frequently along with changing the fluid when it looses its cooling ability. It is not something you want to try on a whim as it may allow you to run cooler while OCed, there is a lot more you have to deal with that an install and forget like a air cooled system. The "thing" you have heard about is called a peltier, it gets extremely cold on one side and extremely hot on the other. It is used in extreme OC liquid cooled systems since air cooling is unable to keep it from overheating. They come in several varieties, from low power to insane for the extreme liquid nitrogen crowd. Definately not for a beginner.

i have to buy one, cause my memory didnt fit into it. beacause the heatsink fan too big. well, i will ask someone help me install it. but first i want to know. is that a good one? i want to use it to o.c. dont want waste money to buy the other one.

core 2 quad q9550 2.83ghz 12mb cache
motherboard gigabyte GA-EP43-ud3L
patriot viper series ddr2 8gb pc8500
hard drive seagate 200gb
gtx 465

temp 27 cpu temp 28
gpu 29.5 pcb 24.5 -25.3
(not in full load)
fan speed 40%

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 pm

No, its not a very good kit, the block is very small along with both the tubing and the radiator. That is why it is cheap, most likely it will end up worse than an actual air cooler. The main reason people use liquid cooling is that well set up systems can cool better than a air cooler...this is not this system. Liquid cooling is not something someone without any knowledge of should jump into...there are many more things to go wrong, and buying one because you made a poor system purchase point is an even worse idea.

eviletboy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Starfalcon wrote:
No, its not a very good kit, the block is very small along with both the tubing and the radiator. That is why it is cheap, most likely it will end up worse than an actual air cooler. The main reason people use liquid cooling is that well set up systems can cool better than a air cooler...this is not this system. Liquid cooling is not something someone without any knowledge of should jump into...there are many more things to go wrong, and buying one because you made a poor system purchase point is an even worse idea.

which one you gone recomment it?

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:43 pm

There I no "good" recomended kit for water cooling. A proper system is put together from the parts that fit the cooling needs of your system. You have to decide how much cooling you will need for your cpu, and how much you are going to overclock it. You also need to decide if you will be using a waterblock on your video card too and your northbridge. Then you need to get waterblocks for them also if your going to include them in the system. Then you need to decide what flow rate your going to need for the system to keep all these parts cool, that will effect your choices of tubing diameter, your water pump, and radiator size. Then once you get this all decided you have to get it all installed and leak checked, and make sure your flow rate is smooth and not having issues with kinked tubes. Then your ready for final install...you need to check the system weekly to make sure your not having any drips or leaks, as that can easily ruin any modern system.

This is not something for someone that does not know what they are doing. It is a large undertaking, that is why a lot of people don't use watercooling...there are about 10x as many things that can go wrong, versus air cooling. Plus a decent water cooling rig can easily cost you $500+...air cooling is much cheaper and about the only thing that can go wrong is the fan dies.

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:52 pm

Liquid cooling systems are more complicated, which translates to higher maintenance and more stuff to go wrong. For the vast majority of system builds, a decent air cooler makes more sense.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

eviletboy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:34 pm

just brew it! wrote:
Liquid cooling systems are more complicated, which translates to higher maintenance and more stuff to go wrong. For the vast majority of system builds, a decent air cooler makes more sense.

i know. my temp only 23c and cpu 26c
but the ddr1 slut cant fit in to it. cause the fan too big. that's why i need a water cooling.

i have 690 cooler master case. i put 2 3800rpm 120mm fan and 1 2000 120mm blow out
blow in, i put 1 2000 2 1500rpm 120mm. and the side blow in to the video card is 2000rpm 120mm fan.
and then cpu fan have blow in and blow out. (2 fans) blow in 2000 blow out 1200rpm (the 3800rpm just right behind it.)

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Well since your cpu heatsink is blocking your memory slots, it may just be a better and cheaper idea to get a different cpu heatsink and replace the one you are currently using. That's why most big heatsinks give their dimensions so that you can see if they fit properly before you buy them and not end up with interference issues.