So I'm going to once again update this with awesome news... I ended up with another reinstall. I bought brand new cables from Monoprice thinking that the cables I had been using were free with motherboards that had only sata 1 or sata 2 devices on them. In other words, they weren't designed to run at sata 3 speeds. I don't think that should matter, but considering all the BS I have went through with these drives it couldn't hurt... Well I was wrong.
I installed the new cables and upon rebooting my perfectly fine working PC (up till that point) Windows 8 BSoD'd with a frowny face and gave me the dreaded bad_system_config, which is basically what you get when your computer is beyond fubard. I of course spent the next four hours trying everything I could to fix it, which did nothing constructive. Apparently there isn't a F8 menu in W8 and you have to get into their special little menu thing, which wasn't popping up before the BSoD for me. I finally got into it using the installation disk and ended up in a windows repair loop which I couldn't exit no matter what I did (It constantly failed too).
A command prompt chkdsk /r said everything was a-ok. SFC /scannow with offline directories didn't function properly and just error'd out.
Now what I don't understand is my PC has worked fine for the last week, I've rebooted multiple times, yet simply changing the cables out to new cables completely **** up my system. Nothing changed except the cables. It just blows my mind and I really just want to take a baseball bat to my PC right now as it brings up fond memories of the complete data loss a few weeks ago.
The only thing I can think of is these SSDs have really fragile connectors and it's easy to break or separate some of the solder points where the connector connects to the actual PCB on the board. Looking at the connector it does just look like it's simply held in place by the connecting wires, it's not connected to the case at all. That would explain why they get more and more flaky. It always seems to happen when I mess around with the SATA cables too, this goes all the way back to when I moved them from my 3570k to my 8350. I hadn't touched them since their first install prior to that.
I just finished reinstalling and it works fine (refreshing my PC would error out too). If the SSDs had hardware issues they should've persisted through the install.
What really irks me is I don't know what specifically is causing this to happen, so I can't replicate it or avoid having it happen again. Obviously it's something to do with my SSDs, but Morphine isn't even using a AMD platform or the 990FX chipset and I've read about other people having issues with Samsung 830/840/840pros that don't just pertain to a certain set of hardware. They're just ticking time bombs waiting to **** up my computer again.
I dropped $300 on these when I bought them, that's a lot to swallow for something doesn't work properly. NOT doesn't just work properly, I suffered a complete data loss because of it. I would contact Samsung support and work out another RMA, but I'm pretty sure I'd run into similar issues down the line.