Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

sangwoohan
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

error message! help!

Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:24 am

one day i received this error message

'access violation at address 004D79FF in module ****(name of program).exe. Read of address 091997B8'

why did i get this error message?

and what is solution for the error?

thanks

pattouk2001
Gerbil Jedi

RAM

Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:05 am

'access violation at address 004D79FF in module ****(name of program).exe. Read of address 091997B8'

Hi. It looks very much like faulty RAM mate. The fact that there's been a problem reading an allocated address suggests that the RAM is messing up data which has been sent to that particular address in that particular part of the RAM. When data that needs to be loaded into the RAM is read off the HDD, the bits of data are sent to allocated addresses in the RAM, and then the program then reads that stored data back from the RAM.....but, if the RAM is messing up that data as it is stored in it's allocted addresses, then the program fails to function, and so, brings up the obove similar error messages.

punktechgirl
Gerbil

(name of program).exe

Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:06 pm

What is the (name of program).exe
i DONT know if you are using KaZaa but there are liek 100 differnt viruses out there speading that are causing these 'violations' . WHat is the name of the program that is causing it? Or you can go to http://www.symantec.com click on support and than search and type it in there.

DiMaestro
Gerbil Elite

Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:10 pm

A: Ignore Pattouk2001. It *could* be a faulty ram chip, but improperly written software can and will cause the same error.

What is your system specs? Hardware/software, what program causes this error, if it is indeed just one program, if it is multiples do you see this occuring after a set sequence? ( For example: It always happens after I start winamp and then open IE ).

More information is needed to help diagnose this.

fc34
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:13 am

It would be helpful if u could give us some hardware specs/OS.

The name of the program that causes this fault is also good.
Windows XP - The 64-bit wannabe with a 32-bit graphics interface for 16-bit extensions to a 8-bit patch on a 4-bit operating system designed to run on a 2-bit processor by a company that can't stand 1-bit of competition