Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:28 pm

I'm not sure if this problem started with IE6, or when I installed XP, or some combination of the two, but it's starting to grate on me.

For some reason, when I have multiple browser windows open, and I click on Internet Shortcuts on my Links toolbar, the page I want gets loaded up in an IE window other than the one I'm in. Big pain for me, since I usually have a half dozen browser windows going at once. Anyone else have this problem? Know of a fix that will have Links toolbar shortcuts open only in the IE window that's currently active?

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Mar 11, 2002 4:47 pm

the links are stacked into one button within the taskbar. go to customize within taskbar and turn the option off. This is a XP customization.

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2002 2:22 am

I'm talking specifically about the links toolbar within IE, though. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you're referencing.

I have a nice bunch of sites on IE's toolbar, but I can never get them to open in the IE window that I click on them from (unless I only have one browser window open).

SecretSquirrel
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:30 am

Just tried it in IE6 on 2k. No probs there. Clicking on my TR shortcut brings it up in the current window.

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:44 am

Seems this is an IE problem only if you have shortcuts in folders on your links toobar. The only solution I've found is to drag the shortcut to the window you want, shoulda thought of that before, doh.

Oh well, it's a decent bandaid.