Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

CB5000
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

WoW64 massive log files

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:59 am

I'm accumulating a lot of odd log-files in my sysWoW64/LogFiles/SYSTEM/ folder in the windows7 64bit directory. All of the massive log files are related to Avast antivirus operations. At first, I thought maybe this has something to do with Avast's own logging system but even after disabling it, these massive log files keep showing up... so I'm betting this is a logging system that's on by default for WoW64. I don't want to get rid of Avast, as it has been working very well for me, and I'm wondering how one would turn off these logging fuctions? The file sizes are just massive like anywhere from 200MB to 5GB.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: WoW64 massive log files

Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Just a guess but could the size of the log file be related to the size of the disk(s) it's active on? If you delete or move the logs, check the size of the next scan - is it creating a new file or appending to an ongoing log file? Just some thoughts.

CB5000
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Re: WoW64 massive log files

Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm

I've been deleting them as I go since the log files seem useless... but they keep re-appearing with at least several files a month that's gigabytes in size.