Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

The Lord of the Flies
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

A "Consumer Reports"-Like Thing for Software?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:34 am

You know that magazine that's been around since like the mid- to late-'70s called Consumer Reports? If you don't, the idea of such a publication is for consumers to get the REAL story about whatever product, despite whatever any given product's manufacturer claim in their advertising pitches. It's supposedly kinda like a big database where all the word-of-mouth collects into a single place to be found by any wise and wary buyer.

Well is there such a thing, like on the web, for software? I ask because right now I'd like to get the true story about a program called Game Booster made by a company called IObit. But of course I may want to know about some other program at any time in the future.

I mean right here on The Tech Report Forums I sure got the good, true story about Norton Internet Security and even got a good recommendation for an alternative.

But ya know I didn't actually want to tax you guys for like a million different software reviews every month or whatever, even though as far as I'm concerned your credibility is very high. For all I know, the information I want about whatever is already out there, perhaps in some sort of place like what i' asking about.

(But of course if any one here does happen to know anything about Game Booster in particular, do please share that info hehehe)
There has been multiple Fatal Errors in TheTechReportForums.ini

Utilize Alternatives (Y/N)?
>Y

FATALITIES!
The Lord of the Flies wins!

bdwilcox
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: A "Consumer Reports"-Like Thing for Software?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:48 am

The Lord of the Flies
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Re: A "Consumer Reports"-Like Thing for Software?

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 am

LOL awesome! hehehe :lol:

It's funny that you should say that, though, as some time after I made the above post, I did try Google with those exact search terms--"Game Booster review". But it turned that I was right to begin with for not thinking of that very much/not bothering. Many of the reviews didn't tell me much, and some were just repeats of the same review. I was hoping for more (perhaps more specific) info, more about someones' personal experiences and personal opinion with using this program.
There has been multiple Fatal Errors in TheTechReportForums.ini

Utilize Alternatives (Y/N)?
>Y

FATALITIES!
The Lord of the Flies wins!