Outlook 2010 - shared contact group not updating

Monopoly money comes in many flavors: 7, Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98, etc.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Outlook 2010 - shared contact group not updating

Postposted on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Here's an odd one. We have one person create a contact group and then share it out. It gets updated from time to time. The department that gets the contact group access will get a notice, "this list has been updated".

They go to their contacts and delete that contact group. They then go to the shared one and drag it over to a local copy so they can send out a fresh spam list.

Now, I have confirmed that the master list being shared out does NOT have a certain email address. One of the recipients of the list sees the shared list as having it WITHOUT the certain email address. But another user sees the list as it is old. Even deleting the access and re-sharing the contact group still shows that old email address that no longer exists.

We use cached mode. But beyond that, I have no idea what's going on. My previous searches all find stuff about synching address books and having multiple users access one address book, etc. This is just simple. Shared contact group, drag it over to your local contacts, BOOM you're done. What should I look for as the culprit?
Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Return to Windows