Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

not@home
Gerbil
Topic Author

Win 7 enterprise ISO

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I recently purchased a used PC that has win 7 enterprise installed. I would like to reinstall the OS. I can get the windows key using a keyfinder. I cannot find any good place to download the win 7 enterprise ISO. Any ideas?

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Re: Win 7 enterprise ISO

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Digital River (legit source) doesn't have it?
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 pm

The Enterprise edition of Windows is not sold to OEMs or in the retail channel. MSDN, Technet, and/or volume licensing is necessary.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

just brew it!
Administrator

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Ryu Connor wrote:
The Enterprise edition of Windows is not sold to OEMs or in the retail channel. MSDN, Technet, and/or volume licensing is necessary.

...and if that's true, then the license key for the PC in question is probably no longer legit.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

not@home
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Digital river's link goes to a info thing for win 8.
I got the PC from a guy who has some sort of business with PC's. It was one of the business licenses I believe.

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 pm

The computer's not going to have an enterprise license. You can't get computers that way. Enterprise licenses are site-licensed for a specific business.

You're going to have to buy a Win7 license yourself or use whatever code's on the sticker. Is this a self-built computer or an OEM (Dell, etc.)?
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

just brew it!
Administrator

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:35 pm

not@home wrote:
Digital river's link goes to a info thing for win 8.
I got the PC from a guy who has some sort of business with PC's. It was one of the business licenses I believe.

In that case, you need to clarify with the guy you bought it from whether you've got a legal license or not. If yes, then he should be able to provide you with a physical disc or ISO image. If no, then you're SOL unless you want to resort to channels that we aren't allowed to discuss here.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 pm

There's a method to making a retail ISO instsallable with an Enterprise key, but you definitely need to make sure it's a valid license first.

As far as I can tell, this is an OK link. Here's a utility that will remove ei.cfg from the ISO and then your key will determine what version is installed: http://code.kliu.org/misc/winisoutils/
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen