Exchange 365 and Outlook connection

Monopoly money comes in many flavors: 7, Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98, etc.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

Exchange 365 and Outlook connection

Postposted on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:39 pm

I wondered if anyone has input on connecting Outlook 2010 to a new Exchange 365 setup. The client had an inhouse old redhat doing their email. We setup an Exchange 365 and went to zoneedit and added the ns, txt, cname info that Microsoft says to put in. According to the Exchange all looks good. The web app allows login and can run the web version of Outlook and receive email. BUT, I cannot get the autodiscover of Outlook to connect to the cloud Exchange. Tried the manual configuration and it will not work either. Tried Imap and no go. Ran the remote connectivity analyzer and it passes. Nslook comes back as expected. I've been reading and trying everything I can think of the last 8 hours and it is just not working. I thought I had a handle on this, but apprently not. Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
bigjohn888jb
Gerbil First Class

Re: Exchange 365 and Outlook connection

Postposted on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Wow, did I blow a lot of time. Microsoft has two plans for the Exchange in the cloud that both cost $4/person per month. When we had trouble signing up and it freezing we had to restart the sign up process 3 times. Changed to a different browser and the problem went away, but we then choose the Kiosk plan instead of the plan we intended. Big difference is that the Kiosk plan will not attach to the desktop Office 2010, the other plan does. Looks very similar in the setup, but when you think you have one plan that can and you have another plan that does not, you tend to think you made a mistake in the configuration. Microsoft did actually contact me on a Sunday and helped to determine this was the problem.
bigjohn888jb
Gerbil First Class

Return to Windows