Since April 17th I have been trying to update my computer to Windows 8.1 Update (from Win 8.1). However every time(5 times) I try this I face the Page fault in nonpaged area
BSOD on the reboot after installation of updates. I have to restore my pre-update images and retry, but every time I just get the same result
- I have tried different sets of RAMs that run just fine with Windows 8.1 before update, so definately no Ram issue
- I am not overclocking the CPU(3770K) or GPU(780), Rams were either not overclocked( DDR3-1600 Samsung Ram 2X4) or run exactly on their XMP profile( DDR3-2133 G.Skill Ripjaw X 2x8), both have no Memtest86 errors or caused BSOD in Prime 95)
- I have tried disabling Avast Anti-Virus and MalwareBytes, no influence what so ever.
- I have tried enabling OneDrive & Skype(usually I have those disabled) on boot, no difference whether they are enabled or not
- I have not touched my page file setting since Win8 installation, it have been set at 1024MB max since installation and I had no issues.
- I see people mention Steelseries software causing issue, I have Razer Synapse diabled on boot, so that is not the likely cause.
Have anyone encountered anything like this, and if so how did you resolve that problem? If I couldn't find any solution I guess I have no option but to go back to my old Windows 7 key.
System: i7-3770K/PH-TC14PE/ 2X 4 G Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US/Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH/EVGA GTX 780/Samsung 840 Pro256GB/2X Seagate Baracuda 2TB/Seasonic Platinum 660 W /Phantom 630