T-100 Asus Transformer Books - Compatibility Question

Monopoly money comes in many flavors: 7, Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98, etc.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

T-100 Asus Transformer Books - Compatibility Question

Postposted on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm looking to bulk purchase these for one of the classrooms at the school I do purchasing for. Then with that Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit Upgrade licenses to upgrade them to. Do you guys think these devices can handle that OS upgrade?

My searching has provided mixed feedback.

Thanks.
kwnull
Gerbil In Training

Re: T-100 Asus Transformer Books - Compatibility Question

Postposted on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:05 pm

The main issue I see is Connected Standby. I believe only the Surface Pro 3 is the only device that ships with a Connected Standby capable 64-bit Windows 8.1.

Can you get away with the Pro pack upgrade (still on 32-bit) and domain-controlled GPOs? That should be tweaked to as close as the Enterprise SKU?
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Re: T-100 Asus Transformer Books - Compatibility Question

Postposted on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Flying Fox wrote:The main issue I see is Connected Standby. I believe only the Surface Pro 3 is the only device that ships with a Connected Standby capable 64-bit Windows 8.1.

Can you get away with the Pro pack upgrade (still on 32-bit) and domain-controlled GPOs? That should be tweaked to as close as the Enterprise SKU?

I can also get a 8.1 32-bit Enterprise edition for them as well. I thought Connected Standby drivers came with the 8.1 upgrade as default now?
kwnull
Gerbil In Training

Return to Windows