Default text

Where Penguins and Daemons chill together in the warmth of the Sun.

Moderators: SecretSquirrel, notfred

Default text

Postposted on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Ok, partly due to my short attention span (ADHD) and the fact that I get easily bored, I just switched back to Ubuntu from Windows 7. What a sight for sore eyes. I LOOOOVVVVEEE the Ubuntu default text. It is so much easier to read and easier on the eyes. I'm not sure how it is for Windows 8, but I know that enabling GPU desktop acceleration somehow makes Windows 7's bad text ever worse. After staring at the screen for a few hours, I will have to give credit to Ubuntu for better text.
confusedpenguin
Gerbil

Re: Default text

Postposted on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 pm

confusedpenguin wrote:Ok, partly due to my short attention span (ADHD) and the fact that I get easily bored, I just switched back to Ubuntu from Windows 7. What a sight for sore eyes. I LOOOOVVVVEEE the Ubuntu default text. It is so much easier to read and easier on the eyes. I'm not sure how it is for Windows 8, but I know that enabling GPU desktop acceleration somehow makes Windows 7's bad text ever worse. After staring at the screen for a few hours, I will have to give credit to Ubuntu for better text.

I'd chalk that up to the wonderful people behind FreeType and Pango more than anything.
Intel Core i7 3770k, ASUS P8B75-M/CSM, 16GB DDR3-1600 Corsair XMS3, 2 WD RE4 500GB SATA III (RAID1), Fractal Design Define Mini