Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, farmpuma, just brew it!

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Moving work units

Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:52 am

Ok, here's the deal. My folding farm has no net access til the 7th, but it previously had a number of units in progress which it's since completed. I do have net access via my laptop on my laptop at another location, so I'm wondering if I can easily manually copy my farm's completed work units onto my laptop and upload them using my laptop folding account. My guess would be that I can just copy the entire directory and do it that way, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way to just copy the finished work units that are in the queue to my laptop's queue.

Any ideas?

Steel
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:26 am

In my experience you pretty much have to copy everything except the core executables (the FAHCore_XX.exe files) to the other computer and run "FAHConsole.exe -local -send all" in each directory. As long as each one is in a seperate directory (and not all run at the same time) it should work OK.

There's 10 queues for FAH and I'm guessing each WU you want to send would have to be in a separate one if you wanted to try to lump them all together. I don't know what kind of internal checking goes on between the program and the data files, so just moving the data from the "work" directory on one to another may screw everything up.

But I don't know for sure, someone else may have figured this out.