Make frankenbot scary for halloween -2007

Come join the... uh... er... fold.

Moderators: just brew it!, farmpuma

Postposted on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:01 am

I think we all did Franky proud this year!!

I'll let my machines finish their last WU's though....

It was fun, and thanks to everyone for their help!!!!

See ya all next year! :D
Daveburt714
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 am
Location: State of Confusion, USA

Postposted on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:09 am

Daveburt714 wrote:I think we all did Franky proud this year!!

I'll let my machines finish their last WU's though....

It was fun, and thanks to everyone for their help!!!!

See ya all next year! :D
If you can, please keep some machines folding, UGN or not. ;)
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24440
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am

Postposted on Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:46 pm

If I saw an increase of $200/mo. in my electric bill, I'd be yanking power cords no matter where the machines were in their WU's. :lol:
Ragnar Dan
Gerbil Elder
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:00 pm

Postposted on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:47 pm

Thanks to Usacomp2k3 for organizing the drive. Next time maybe I'll catch on sooner.
cass
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:12 am

Postposted on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:05 pm

Flying Fox wrote:If you can, please keep some machines folding, UGN or not. ;)


I usually run SETI@home on my HTPC ... In all reality, Folding is probably a better cause... But SETI's a little closer to my heart. I just can't believe we're alone in this great big universe!!

I'll be building a new machine around Christmas. If the utility bill isn't too hateful for October, I'll move the 4800 to the Ubuntu box and Fold on it....

If I set a box to fold full time it would definetly be for Team 2630, and most likely UGN!!

Cass... You seem like an AMD guy. Granted, they're slipping pretty bad to Intel, but I still have confidence they'll make a comeback eventually. 8)

Guess you've seen these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103204

45 Watt, dual cores.... If I was a Farmer, I'd check them out!
Daveburt714
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 am
Location: State of Confusion, USA

Postposted on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:31 am

Daveburt714 wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:If you can, please keep some machines folding, UGN or not. ;)


I usually run SETI@home on my HTPC ... In all reality, Folding is probably a better cause... But SETI's a little closer to my heart. I just can't believe we're alone in this great big universe!!

I'll be building a new machine around Christmas. If the utility bill isn't too hateful for October, I'll move the 4800 to the Ubuntu box and Fold on it....

If I set a box to fold full time it would definetly be for Team 2630, and most likely UGN!!

Cass... You seem like an AMD guy. Granted, they're slipping pretty bad to Intel, but I still have confidence they'll make a comeback eventually. 8)

Guess you've seen these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103204

45 Watt, dual cores.... If I was a Farmer, I'd check them out!


We will welcome you to the Nation of Gerbils with open arms and a complimentary UGN gift basket. :wink:
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
Image
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!
jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:38 pm
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Postposted on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:06 am

Daveburt714 wrote:Cass... You seem like an AMD guy. Granted, they're slipping pretty bad to Intel, but I still have confidence they'll make a comeback eventually. 8)

Guess you've seen these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103204

45 Watt, dual cores.... If I was a Farmer, I'd check them out!


yeah, I ran some numbers, but it takes 1.5-3 years at the cost premium over a 65 watt brisbane for the thing to payback, so I decided on the $60. and $65 brisbanes.

And since the brisbanes I haven't felt AMD Tragically behind anywhere except quadcore. The Barcelona at $214 60 some watt is a better deal than the BE at $109. The payback will be sooner even with a $400 MB. I would wait right now though and home AMD can put some pressure on in the quadcore arena and wait for some sub 100$ MB's.

AMD at one time had a 25 watt cpu... they have dropped the ball on low power.
cass
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:12 am

Postposted on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Your right, that is a pretty big price difference!!

The cool thing is you could probably lower the Vcore on those cheap
Brisbanes and have a ~45 watt chip anyway!!

Reverse OCing!.... Ya know what, UV'ing (UnderVolting) may become
the new thing! And it probably should!!

We need a farmer to lead the way Cass!! :lol:
Daveburt714
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 am
Location: State of Confusion, USA

Postposted on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:03 am

I ain't much of a leader then.. I am Ocing the everlovin piss out of my brisbanes.. these are the best OCing critters I have ever had my hands on....

I might try to UC them though I mean they OC way out on cheap ram and without even Overvolting. Don't get MSI MBs the bios limits you to 240 fsb .... At least on all the cheapos I have.
cass
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:12 am

Postposted on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:40 pm

I didn't mean to Underclock them.... I just thought you might be able
to run at stock speeds with lower voltages.

My Opty185 would run just fine at stock speed on 1.23 v's.

Of course you wouldn't get the ppd you'd get out of an OC, but it
shouldn't hurt it that bad, and the $$$ you'd save may be well
worth it!

Just a thought, might be worth tinkering with..... :wink:
Daveburt714
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 810
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 am
Location: State of Confusion, USA

Previous

Return to TR Distributed Computing Effort

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests