Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, farmpuma, just brew it!

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: The Hunt Is ON!

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:42 pm

flybywire wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:
Ragnar good smackdown! Cluster it is. They like to call people names out of desperation.

Let me welcome back Flybywire! I see your production is climbing and you regained a notch.
Good to have you back. Another red on the Gerbils stats!

Fuzzhead

Thanks, Fuzz, it's good to be back! Looks like I've got quite a bit of climbing to do to regain lost ground. UGN will have to wait just a bit longer as my immediate concern is fending off our second highest cruncher, JPinto. :evil: I'll not got down without a fight! :wink:

Man, he's only 2 days away! You better fight hard
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.

fuzzhead
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:14 pm

JPinTO wrote:
116 days... :D

C'mon guys. $100 gets you a 8800GT which is good for 35000 PPW.

OK I'll bite where can I get a 8800gt for $100??

Fuzzhead

Ragnar Dan
Gerbil Elder

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 pm

There had been a 256 MB 8800GT at Newegg for ~$107 including shipping, and it had a $30 MIR making it under $80 for most Americans. It went out of stock rather rapidly, and at some point last week ZipZoomFly had one for even cheaper, maybe $10 less (though I never got to see the deal nor what the shipping might have cost). It disappeared practically instantly with the link dead (see this thread in the Hot Deals forum). The Newegg one was supposed to re-appear today, when new stock came in, and now it's listed as "De-activated", which looks bad.

So those who got it when it was hot got one, and those who didn't... will have to wait for the next deal. :)

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:03 pm

2500 ppd from a SOUNDCARD???

Who knew??? :o :o :o

AudigySlomacsClient
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.

flybywire
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Alright, call me chump. :oops:
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 am

flybywire wrote:
Alright, call me chump. :oops:

Ah, Yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The sad truth is that made me laugh a lot more than it should have. Perhaps my dementia is kicking in this morning... Wish I could remember where I'd put my meds...

JPinTO
Gerbil Team Leader

Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 am

[quote="flybywire"]Thanks, Fuzz, it's good to be back! Looks like I've got quite a bit of climbing to do to regain lost ground. UGN will have to wait just a bit longer as my immediate concern is fending off our second highest cruncher, JPinto. :evil: I'll not got down without a fight! :wink:[/quote]

Go man go!

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:40 am

JPinTO wrote:
flybywire wrote:
Thanks, Fuzz, it's good to be back! Looks like I've got quite a bit of climbing to do to regain lost ground. UGN will have to wait just a bit longer as my immediate concern is fending off our second highest cruncher, JPinto. :evil: I'll not got down without a fight! :wink:

Go man go!

You very well know he is no match for you.... :P

Do you hear me flybywiring ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 am

Jigar2speed5095 wrote:
JPinTO wrote:
flybywire wrote:

Go man go!

You very well know he is no match for you.... :P

Do you hear me flybywiring ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Jig, when are ya gonna get those videocards up and producing some much needed PPD? :D :wink:

Nitrodist
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:37 pm

ChrisDTC, I'm right on your ass after you passed me :D

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:41 pm

I wanna be a Gerbil Jedi 8)

flybywire
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:56 pm

I sense a disturbance in the Force.
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!

grzzer2
Gerbil

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:23 pm

I am new to the forums, but I finally got my clients running the way I want them to. So Be on the lookout for Grzzer2. I am slowly climbing the charts! Don't forget the name of Grzzer2!

jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:33 pm

grzzer2 wrote:
I am new to the forums, but I finally got my clients running the way I want them to. So Be on the lookout for Grzzer2. I am slowly climbing the charts! Don't forget the name of Grzzer2!

Grzzer2? :o sounds potent. :D
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:09 pm

Actually, he IS pretty potent.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=353475

Interesting. He just passed my old User ID. And he did it today!!! Hmmmm, perhaps I should chase him for a while 8)

grzzer2
Gerbil

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:10 pm

potent? Should I be scared

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:12 pm

GASP!!!

TheMattMan is about to overtake me as well! :o :o :o :o :o

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:14 pm

grzzer2 wrote:

Only if I come after you :evil: 8) :evil:

grzzer2
Gerbil

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Than let the games begin :wink:

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:34 pm

grzzer2 wrote:
Than let the games begin :wink:

I shall ponder your fate, however, I fear for my UGN brothers and would hate to leave them in a pickle :wink:

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 am

david00214 wrote:
Hey Jig, when are ya gonna get those videocards up and producing some much needed PPD? :D :wink:

Give me some time mate.. I am currently stuck with some personal work.. Once done, i am back with full power, but for now, i can only fold with p-4 and X2 4400 :(

jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:01 am

Jigar2speed5095 wrote:
david00214 wrote:

Give me some time mate.. I am currently stuck with some personal work.. Once done, i am back with full power, but for now, i can only fold with p-4 and X2 4400 :(

Taking care of business is important. We will wait patiently for your return. :D ............................NOT!! :P :lol: :lol: We want you back at full strength Jigar-buddy. Let us know if we can help. We're here for you. :wink:

jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:04 am

grzzer2 wrote:

No, you should feel honored. :D Your folding prowess is being acknowledged. All hail the Griz-man!

I think you should install Fahmon, switch your username to UnitedGerbilNation and then have a "Fold-Off" with David to see who contributes the most points for the next 4 weeks! :P :wink:

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 am

jeffry55 wrote:
grzzer2 wrote:

No, you should feel honored. :D Your folding prowess is being acknowledged. All hail the Griz-man!

I think you should install Fahmon, switch your username to UnitedGerbilNation and then have a "Fold-Off" with David to see who contributes the most points for the next 4 weeks! :P :wink:

That would finally give me the needed incentive to get my FAHMON to work via those darn samba drives or whatever you call them.

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 am

jeffry55 wrote:
Jigar2speed5095 wrote:
david00214 wrote:

Taking care of business is important. We will wait patiently for your return. :D ............................NOT!! :P :lol: :lol: We want you back at full strength Jigar-buddy. Let us know if we can help. We're here for you. :wink:

Thanks a lot Jeffry, i really appreciate your offer, but this business is a bit related with my wife, so i am on my own on this one.. Once solved, i will be back to squash Fuzzedup head :lol:

grzzer2
Gerbil

Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:22 am

david00214 wrote:
jeffry55 wrote:
grzzer2 wrote:

That would finally give me the needed incentive to get my FAHMON to work via those darn samba drives or whatever you call them.

I don't know if I can play with the big boys yet :D

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 am

Actually, you're PPD would give a big boost to UGN, so you'd BE on of the big boys :D

Few UGNers are running the SMP or GPU2 clients, so their points contribution is low compared to what you're producing.

grzzer2
Gerbil

Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:53 am

david00214 wrote:

Actually, you're PPD would give a big boost to UGN, so you'd BE on of the big boys :D

Few UGNers are running the SMP or GPU2 clients, so their points contribution is low compared to what you're producing.

So, what do I do, just change my user name to United Gerbil Nation and thats it?

Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:03 am

So, what do I do, just change my user name to United Gerbil Nation and thats it?
'

It's "UnitedGerbilNation"... That's the first step, then there will be much rejoicing, a parade, letter from the president of your country, girls will swoon, etc... Oh and we add you to the census :wink:

grzzer2
Gerbil

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am

david00214 wrote:
'

It's "UnitedGerbilNation"... That's the first step, then there will be much rejoicing, a parade, letter from the president of your country, girls will swoon, etc... Oh and we add you to the census :wink:

ok, noob question. Where do I find the updated census of everyone and how everyone is doing with the contribution to UGN? I would still like to follow my own stats. Couldn't find anything on the forums.