How do I install FAH 6.02 SMP on OSX 10.4?

Come join the... uh... er... fold.

Moderators: just brew it!, farmpuma

How do I install FAH 6.02 SMP on OSX 10.4?

Postposted on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 pm

I cant find any walkthroughs on the web, even on the Stanford site, can anyone help me out?
ChrisDTC
Gerbil XP

Re: How do I install FAH 6.02 SMP on OSX 10.4?

Postposted on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:09 am

The easiest and most hassle-free method is to use the 6.10 beta2 installer, which is what I use for my CD 1.83 Mini. It normally finishes a 2605 unit a little over two days - with a deadline of four days for this unit, that is plenty of breathing room. Since you have a CD 1.66 Mini, I wouldn't think your finishing time would be too far behind mine. Just make sure you turn screen saver and sleep off in order to not waste cpu cycles and to prevent your machine from going to sleep mode when you're not actively using it.

If you still want to go ahead with the console client, here's a link to a page that may help you with that. Sorry I can't be of help with the CLI, as it has been awhile since I last used the console client (with help from a 'howto guide' which I can't seem to locate any longer). Good luck!
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!
flybywire
Gerbil Jedi

Re: How do I install FAH 6.02 SMP on OSX 10.4?

Postposted on Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 am

If you click on the question mark icon on the download page, it takes you to a general info install page. At the bottom of that page is a link to the SMP FAQ page which contains quick and detailed install information for all of the SMP clients. Yeah, I didn't think it was very intuitive either.
Image Image
.* * M-51 * *. .The Whirlpool Galaxy.
farmpuma
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber

Location: Soybean field, IN, USA, Earth .. just a bit south of John .. err .... Fart Wayne, Indiana

Return to TR Distributed Computing Effort