Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Come join the... uh... er... fold.

Moderators: just brew it!, farmpuma

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:50 am

Well, JPinTO doesn't seem to want to join the effort (yet) and may be trying to gain a head start on the UGN/Fuzzhead/flybywire hunt. :o
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24491
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 am

Yes indeed. Hold fast. UGN will be back stronger than ever. :wink:
Image
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.
Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: The Smoky Back Room

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:10 pm

What do you mean by flybywire hunt? The "hunt" is long over. 8)

I will back off to give Fuzz a fair opportunity.

Hunting the UGN collective isn't a fair fight... but things will get interesting over the next few months! Nuf said.
JPinTO
Gerbil Team Leader
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:02 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:18 pm

JPinTO wrote:What do you mean by flybywire hunt? The "hunt" is long over. 8)


Hey hey, kick a man when he's down, why don't you? :P
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!
flybywire
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 pm
Location: Springfield, VA - USA

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 pm

JPinTO wrote:What do you mean by flybywire hunt? The "hunt" is long over. 8)

The "hunt" is about you 3 racing to overtake UGN and see who gets there first. UGN ramping up production means it gives the person furthest behind a better chance of catching up.
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24491
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:15 pm

The secret to defusing the UGN collective is to convince david00214 that he's better off putting his folding power into his own name so that he can stand on his own 2 feet rather than cowering in amongst a borg collective. :D
JPinTO
Gerbil Team Leader
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:02 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:35 pm

That's unfortunately quite true with the advent of the GPU clients. A collective of little clients no longer can keep up =(
ChronoReverse
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:29 pm

JPinTO wrote:The secret to defusing the UGN collective is to convince david00214 that he's better off putting his folding power into his own name so that he can stand on his own 2 feet rather than cowering in amongst a borg collective. :D


Talk about a sore runner up. Hey, maybe if you try being a little nicer you could get Miss Congeniality. :wink:
Image
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.
Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: The Smoky Back Room

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Hey! Look at Frankie go!! I think that little down dip was from me. I didn't notice right away that I had 3 PCs reboot after an update. Sorry about that. :oops:
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
Image
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!
jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:38 pm
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:43 pm

jeffry55 wrote:Hey! Look at Frankie go!! I think that little down dip was from me. I didn't notice right away that I had 3 PCs reboot after an update. Sorry about that. :oops:


I played a part too. I had two SMP clients down while I was testing the new GTX 280
Image
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.
Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: The Smoky Back Room

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Nice, Dave. What kind of numbers are you getting for that 280? What brand and model?
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!
flybywire
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 pm
Location: Springfield, VA - USA

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:27 pm

flybywire wrote:Nice, Dave. What kind of numbers are you getting for that 280? What brand and model?


It's the Zotac AMP'd model clocked at 700MHZ. I haven't had it long enough to really gauge it, but it got about 8k PPD yesterday. No additional OC on the shaders. Out of the box they're at 1400. I have no idea if that is stock or not. I will try getting some more out of them though soon.

I've decided Fahmon is screwed up. It was saying the GTX 280 was doing 5760ppd, but I got 8k according to EOC stats. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=280116

That's my old folding name. I use it now to test, and have a couple of work laptops that fold for the ID.
Image
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.
Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: The Smoky Back Room

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Looks like the stock speeds for other brands are 600 for the core and 1300 for the shaders.
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!
flybywire
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 pm
Location: Springfield, VA - USA

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:26 pm

flybywire wrote:Looks like the stock speeds for other brands are 600 for the core and 1300 for the shaders.


That might explain why my card was giving me problems when I OC'd the Shaders to 1600 :)
Image
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.
Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: The Smoky Back Room

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:05 pm

david00214 wrote:
flybywire wrote:Nice, Dave. What kind of numbers are you getting for that 280? What brand and model?


It's the Zotac AMP'd model clocked at 700MHZ. I haven't had it long enough to really gauge it, but it got about 8k PPD yesterday. No additional OC on the shaders. Out of the box they're at 1400. I have no idea if that is stock or not. I will try getting some more out of them though soon.

I've decided Fahmon is screwed up. It was saying the GTX 280 was doing 5760ppd, but I got 8k according to EOC stats. http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=280116

That's my old folding name. I use it now to test, and have a couple of work laptops that fold for the ID.


http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f4/foldin ... ed-181237/

according to the above link 5760 seems low, 8K seems high.... you could always do the time from the logs.
cass
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:12 am

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:17 pm

8k actually sounds reasonable, as my GTX260 216 with a core at 600Mhz and shaders at 1400Mhz can get about 7300ppd.
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!
flybywire
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 pm
Location: Springfield, VA - USA

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 am

arpstorm calling the starship TRfrankenbot, come in TRfrankenbot.

Sensors indicate you are traveling at extreme warp speed in this sector and coming up fast on our aft side. What kind of engines are you folks running? According to the science computers you're going to overtake the arpstorm in about a day, as we cross the 3,000,000 point energy barrier at the edge of the galaxy. If you like, we will beam a supply of Romulan Ale into your cargo hold as you pass by. Mister Scott sends his regards to your chief engineer :D

Live Long and Prosper!

- USS arpstorm
arpstorm
Gerbil
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:00 pm

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:45 am

arpstorm wrote:arpstorm calling the starship TRfrankenbot, come in TRfrankenbot.

Sensors indicate you are traveling at extreme warp speed in this sector and coming up fast on our aft side. What kind of engines are you folks running? According to the science computers you're going to overtake the arpstorm in about a day, as we cross the 3,000,000 point energy barrier at the edge of the galaxy. If you like, we will beam a supply of Romulan Ale into your cargo hold as you pass by. Mister Scott sends his regards to your chief engineer :D

Live Long and Prosper!

- USS arpstorm


Romulan Ale is nice this time of year. Goes well with the Festivities!! :D
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
Image
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!
jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:38 pm
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:20 pm

arpstorm wrote:arpstorm calling the starship TRfrankenbot, come in TRfrankenbot.

Sensors indicate you are traveling at extreme warp speed in this sector and coming up fast on our aft side. What kind of engines are you folks running? According to the science computers you're going to overtake the arpstorm in about a day, as we cross the 3,000,000 point energy barrier at the edge of the galaxy. If you like, we will beam a supply of Romulan Ale into your cargo hold as you pass by. Mister Scott sends his regards to your chief engineer :D

Live Long and Prosper!

- USS arpstorm

You can be part of history in helping starship TRFrankenbot achieve record speeds. While the ship is in this sector (for this month), you can fire a particle beam for an energy transfer our way of say, a few hundred thousand points of energy. That way you can boost TRFrankenbot's power level and make all the other starships tremble in the sector!

:D
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24491
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:46 pm

arpstorm has just crossed the 3,000,000 point demarcation zone. The crew is celebrating and otherwise incapacitated. Therefore the ship is on autopilot. We'll hold back some Romulan Ale and beam it over to the USS TRFrankenbot as it passes. You've earned it! Even the power of the USS segfault7 now pales besides that of the USS TRFrankenbot. It's about time that segfault7 was humbled!

Meanwhile, In the engine room, the chief engineer has prepared a particle beam powered by a dual 9600GT GPU Folding Clients. The beam will deliver around 7000 PPD of warp power to TRFrankenbot. Let's see how fast it can really go :)
arpstorm
Gerbil
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:00 pm

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:29 pm

arpstorm wrote:arpstorm has just crossed the 3,000,000 point demarcation zone. The crew is celebrating and otherwise incapacitated. Therefore the ship is on autopilot. We'll hold back some Romulan Ale and beam it over to the USS TRFrankenbot as it passes. You've earned it! Even the power of the USS segfault7 now pales besides that of the USS TRFrankenbot. It's about time that segfault7 was humbled!

Meanwhile, In the engine room, the chief engineer has prepared a particle beam powered by a dual 9600GT GPU Folding Clients. The beam will deliver around 7000 PPD of warp power to TRFrankenbot. Let's see how fast it can really go :)


That's some TASTY Romulan Ale!!! WOOT!!!
Image
If you're not folding with your idle computer time you're not part of the solution.
Gerbil Jedidiah
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:57 pm
Location: The Smoky Back Room

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm

W00t! We're in the top 10 world producers. What a fun little adventure. I've been updating the stats almost every day even if I'm not logging in to do so.
Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 21311
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:53 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:W00t! We're in the top 10 world producers. What a fun little adventure. I've been updating the stats almost every day even if I'm not logging in to do so.


Heading towards 150k ppd!! :P :P
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
Image
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!
jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:38 pm
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Right now TR Frankenbot is the ranked 10th worldwide in ppd as a single user.
|Intel Q9450 @3.6 1.425v|Lapped TRUE|Gigabyte EP45-UD3P|Mushkin & Patriot 2x2gb DDR2-900|EVGA 8800 GTS 512 750/1873/1000|Antec 900|Corsair 520HX|Asus Xonar DX|
13895 3DMarks

Image
themattman
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:34 pm
Location: PA

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 pm

yeah, you guys have seriously made franky scary this year. i know the GPU client helped, but I don't think franky every cracked 15k before!
leor
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4739
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm

leor wrote:yeah, you guys have seriously made franky scary this year. i know the GPU client helped, but I don't think franky every cracked 15k before!

Wanna join the fun by tossing a GPU client (or 2?) this way? ;)
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24491
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Frankie is 6th if you discount the anonymous users. 4th if you count just the points today.
Image
Nitrodist
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3280
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:51 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:18 pm

At the current rate of production, Frankie should be able to break 4 mil within 5 days. :)
Fold! And I don't mean your clothes!

Do you have a favorite gerbil recipe? Please share with the TR community!
flybywire
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1883
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:28 pm
Location: Springfield, VA - USA

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:27 pm

So outside of TR who would see Franky on their threat list? (besides the next 4 people in front)
Or is the idea just to 'scare' people in TR.
i3-530 | HR-01 Plus (passive) | DH55TC | 4GB Kingston DDR3 | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" HDD | Mini P180 | picoPSU 150-xt w/102w brick | 21w idle
Pegasus
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 am

Re: Make frankenbot scary for halloween - 2008

Postposted on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:34 pm

Pegasus wrote:So outside of TR who would see Franky on their threat list? (besides the next 4 people in front)
Or is the idea just to 'scare' people in TR.



To scare all the big producers on other teams. All those big guns have egos. :wink:
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
Image
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!
jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:38 pm
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

PreviousNext

Return to TR Distributed Computing Effort

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests