Drivers for Mobility HD4670 for Folding?

Come join the... uh... er... fold.

Moderators: just brew it!, farmpuma

Drivers for Mobility HD4670 for Folding?

Postposted on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:04 pm

I just bought an MSI EX625 laptop which uses the Mobiliy HD4670 graphics card. Upon downloading the folding @ home client for GPU an error was generated stating that the hardware is not supported and/or I should download current drivers. I went to the AMD ATI site and can't find any.

Where can I get the correct drivers for this laptop GPU or am I out of luck for folding with it?

I am using driver version 8.572.0.0 From January 09 after checking my vid card properties. I can't seem to find a more updated driver? Please provide me with a link if possible..
matnath1
Gerbil Team Leader
Gold subscriber

Re: Drivers for Mobility HD4670 for Folding?

Postposted on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:17 pm

I don't know if the mobility chipset supports folding on it, but in general video card drivers for a laptop are only available from the manufacturer (because they are "tweaked" for specific models/lcd screen)

It looks like the most up to date driver is dated from april for vista 32bit (listed as vga driver, but the version number is the same as what you have installed)
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downl ... od_no=1678
heyal256
Gerbil First Class
Gold subscriber

Return to TR Distributed Computing Effort