Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, farmpuma, just brew it!

-Druid-
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

ESX 3.5 notfred VMapp

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:33 pm

I recently used notfred's vmware appliance on a ESX version 4 server. Worked great, but that server is getting erased and version 3.5 installed on it.

I tried using notfred's appliance on ESX 3.5 but it won't work. On ESX4 I just uploaded the contents of the folding.zip file, browsed the datastore and right clicked on the folding.vmx file and said "Add to inventory". When I try that under ESX3.5 it goes thru the process but then when I go to my machine inventory, it shows the machine but lists it as invalid.

I tried using the vmware converter and export from ESX4 to a file then re-convert and dump to ESX3.5 but the export fails on the converter. (I haven't tried the newest version of the converter YET)
I give up trying to get my fricken signature working.... damn tags. I'm a folder not a HTML/PHPBB programer JIM!

-Druid-
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Re: ESX 3.5 notfred VMapp

Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 pm

OK,

I just gave up and created a VM under ESX 3.5 and used the ISO generator to make a boot CD. That will work for now...
I give up trying to get my fricken signature working.... damn tags. I'm a folder not a HTML/PHPBB programer JIM!