Slow GPU Folding

Come join the... uh... er... fold.

Moderators: just brew it!, farmpuma

Slow GPU Folding

Postposted on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:41 pm

I thought I would come to the gerbils for a little help with my folding problem. This past weekend I installed nTune and RivaTuner because I wanted to overclock my GTS250 and my GTX260. Ever since I installed those programs my ppd has dropped to about 3000 ppd for the GTS250 and 4000 ppd for the GTX260. (my times are now up from about a minute to two minutes TDP) I have not been getting any errors folding on either card either.

Here's what I have done so far to try and remedy the situation:

1) Re downloaded the zip file and tried completely reinstalling f@h in a different location
2) Using Revo uninstaller to remove nTune, and RivaTuner
3) Put both cards back to their default clocks
4) Reinstalled the nVidia Control panel (using 258.96)

My system is Windows 7x64 Ultimate and I am running an smp client as well (which is folding along fine). Like I said before those were the only two programs I installed and I have never seen such a big drop. Am I missing something or any suggestions?
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.
mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Re: Slow GPU Folding

Postposted on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Sorry for a wasted post. I figured out the problem. I forgot to set -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 at the end of the console clients in the additional parameters section.
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.
mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Return to TR Distributed Computing Effort