Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

Elohim
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

ICC Help

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

Hey everyone,

I've posted a number of times now on the Tech Report forums and always gotten solutions to my problems, so I've got another for everyone. I would like to dive into ICC profiles and their use with printers. Specifically, I recently opened up a new HP Officejet Pro 8000 wireless. The printer does excellent in centering thigns on the paper, grabbing sheets consistently, and I really like the embedded web server settings page. Not to mention the wireless communication. It also prints very quickly as it has a large printhead and makes fewer passes.

The issue I have now is that is prints much "cooler" colors than my old HP Business Inkjet 1200d printers. They are crisp and bright, but need to be warmed a bit. Some of the yellow going towards orange are being printed as yellow going towards green.

Can anyone here direct me to a website or a program that might help me develop an ICC profile to use with this printer? I am a novice when it comes to any sort of color calibration, so dumb it down for me.

Thanks all!