Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Dposcorp, SpotTheCat

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Lomo or Holga camera

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:41 am

Hi guy,

While browse around article on photograghic , i saw a word Holga or sometime Lomo , they said it is a toy camera which create funny and cute picture out from there as well.

Can anyone guide me on this ? i plan to get one but i wonder where can i get it from malaysia :(

Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: Lomo or Holga camera

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:01 am

Have you considered getting a Lensbaby? A few places in Msia sell them...
Wind, Sand and Stars.

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:19 am

Voldenuit wrote:
Have you considered getting a Lensbaby? A few places in Msia sell them...

you mean a kind of lense ? i just browse out from the URL...can it fix into my Canon 350D ?

Voldenuit

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:03 am

mghong wrote:
you mean a kind of lense ? i just browse out from the URL...can it fix into my Canon 350D ?

Yes, they're cheap "creative" lenses that are made in a variety of camera mounts.

You can get some interesting effects with them.
Wind, Sand and Stars.

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 am

Voldenuit wrote:
mghong wrote:

Yes, they're cheap "creative" lenses that are made in a variety of camera mounts.

You can get some interesting effects with them.

HI Voldenuit ,

Mind to share your experience ? as i still blur on this kind of lense.. :(

Voldenuit

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:32 am

mghong wrote:
HI Voldenuit ,

Mind to share your experience ? as i still blur on this kind of lense.. :(

I haven't used them, I just know of people that do. I tend to shoot 'journalistic' style instead of artsy, so I haven't played around much with the weird and wonderful add-ons that lensbaby makes. But some of their stuff does look very interesting.
Wind, Sand and Stars.

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:00 am

My wife has a lens baby and really likes it. She shoots better photos on accident than I do on purpose :-?

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

Hance wrote:
My wife has a lens baby and really likes it. She shoots better photos on accident than I do on purpose :-?

Mind to share some "nice" photo of it... :) i hear from my friend saiding that this lensebaby is even expensive then original Canon lense , is it true ?

Hance
Darth Gerbil

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 pm

I am on the road working right now and wont be home for a few more days so I have no way to post any of the photos she has taken with it. Price wise they are fairly cheap.

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Hance wrote:
I am on the road working right now and wont be home for a few more days so I have no way to post any of the photos she has taken with it. Price wise they are fairly cheap.

Just saw a review on this camera VISTAQUEST VQ5090 , is there any way to get it from US ? to ship to malaysia ?

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 pm

mghong wrote:
Hance wrote:
Just saw a review on this camera VISTAQUEST VQ5090 , is there any way to get it from US ? to ship to malaysia ?
Never heard of it, but judging from what shows up in a google (for example) this looks like just another digicam in a waterproof housing, good for taking snaps while splashing around in water but not diving. There are a bunch of options like this -- whether it's waterpooof cases for digicams or the cameras specifically designed to be water-resistant like the Olympus Stylus and Pentax Optio lines (and that's not counting proper underwater housing and dive cameras that are good to 40+ m depth).

But that is nothing like what the Lomo and Holga are. It will produce normal photographs, not anything like what the Lomo and Holga produce. They aren't waterproof (at least not that I've heard) but they do create some odd, artsy photos. They key thing about them, however, is that they're chemical cameras, with real film. They aren't digital at all. If you want to take the results digital, you have to scan them... and then you might as well just fake it.