Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Official Red Dead Redemption Thread

Fri May 28, 2010 7:12 am

So I went out and rented this for the PS3. ( more on the issues about that later) I cannot believe how much I like this game. Its such a departure from the normal dragons and space themes that I love it.

Problem is....I dont know what I am suppose to be doing. Mostly I ride around until some one flags me down, heh. The horse isnt as bad as it first seemed. After about the first hour I was able to control it running at full speed everywhere.

Anyways my biggest gripe is about the PS3 version....It seems as if I cannot get the gamma and saturation right. Its either too dark in place or its blindingly bright. I could never get it perfect.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Official Red Dead Redemption Thread

Fri May 28, 2010 10:54 am

Look for the letters on the minimap. They're the people who will give you the official story missions.

If you haven't played the GTA series it might be a tad confusing, but it's pretty straightforward.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 am

So I am rolling right along with quests and what I think is the main story line. Yesterday I took a jaunt to look around and discovered that I cant actually get to the bottom half of the map. Both bridges there were still under construction. So at what point does this open up for me? or Does it ever. (The reason I went looking is I am on map 4 of the treasure which I think is found over there)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Glorious
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am

It opens open once you get far enough in the story missions.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:16 am

Yeah I found that out this weekend..........Wait Raccoon.......I am well into......wait fox........the second act. The damn hunter challenges has me sleeping in the desert, waking at night just to kick bushes to kill fox, skunks, and raccoons. Let me tell ya, you see them all the time when you dont need em, but then actively go look for them...they are no where to be found!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

roont
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am

I really like the game. Multiplayer too. but the leveling is kinda ridiculous. Once you get to 50, you can restart over at 1 with like a deputy star or something.. and once you do that FOUR TIMES!!!!! you get a zebra to ride! While I don't imagine I will ever get that far, that's pretty cool.

I like the challanges and stuff as well. i was a big fan of GTA 4 so the gameplay mechanics came naturally to me. Had a lot of bugs on release, but most of them seem to be fixed now.
"...and she says, 'That's not my expansion slot.' So my friend says, 'That's not my gold plated 22-pin connector!! Ah-hahahaHA!"

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:31 am

So I am raising my own thread from the dead only because I have been casually playing RDR ....again. I Just wanted to say I would give pretty much anything to get this game on PC......... :(

I dont understand why LA Noire and not RDR????
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 am

I just bought this the other week & I'm loving it so far. Still getting used to using a controller again, but I'm enjoying it a lot!
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran