Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

college fooball conference re-shape

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:57 am

thoughts?
Obviously at this point the only known one is Colorado to Pac10 which would seem odd by itself.
Colorado student "fans" are some of the worst. So, good riddance to them.

a little sad to see Big 12 break up but it will be fun to see the new matchups if Nebraska goes to Big 10 & the south Big12 all goes to Pac10.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

Obsidian
Gerbil Elite

Re: college fooball conference re-shape

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:20 am

It seems really odd to me that the Pac 10 would be able to get the entire Big 12 south. Texas and Oklahoma are very different from Colorado. I think the only reason they would go to the Pac 10 is if so many other teams leave and they're left with no other good options.

As for the Big 10: Nebraska is a big addition. I don't care much for Missouri and some of the other teams but if they can get teams like Nebraska and maybe even Notre Dame, things are really looking up. I'd like to see Jim Delaney go after after Pitt too.

It will be interesting to see if the SEC is going to do anything with all the other big conferences changing so much. Maybe they'll try to take the big schools from the ACC.
Intel [email protected] w/ Xigmatek HDT-S1283|Sapphire HD 4850 512MB|G.Skill Pi Black 4GB DDR2 800|Gigabyte EP45-DS3L|WD SE16 640GB|Antec Neo Power 500|Antec Nine Hundred|Dell S2209W|Logitech G9|Sidewinder X6|Razer Exactmat|Klipsch ProMedia 2.1|Windows 7 64

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 am

Considering that the Big 12 is the second-best conference in the country, it's surprising to see them disintegrate. I really expected the woefully-bad Big East to disappear first.

njenabnit
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:50 am

I am sad to see the big12 go. Especially in the past few years, we have been able to produce some terriffic QB's and passing games as well as great ground games (of course I have my sooner shades on, so I see Bradford and Peterson as filling those shoes). Sure, our defenses have been somewhat lacking even with the standout player (Gereld McCoy, Suh, etc). I am excited to get to see some new teams come into Gaylord Memorial in Norman though. I am anxious to see what happens.

danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:51 am

It will be interesting to see if the other Big12 teams that arent picked up by Big10 & Pac10 join other conferences.
Should all unfold over the next week or two.

Obviously it is all about money but Big12 is better than Pac10 in my opinion. Especially recently. Texas teams & Oklahoma in the Pac10 would make a well-rounded & stronger conference.

I'll be a little suprised if the Pac10 doesnt pick up Missouri, since it's more about money than anything else. I'm sure Notre Dame would be a higher choice but if they become the "Big16" they have a few more to pick up.

4 super conferences of 16 teams each.
4 way playoff. no need for BCS.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 am

I'd love it if things shape up that way, but we can't forget about the other conferences that keep making bowl appearences every year. Even though they're not in the same league, the Mountain West, the MAC, Conference USA, all those guys are going to keep competing. Who knows? Maybe they'll get to snag some of the talent from all of this shuffling and they'll keep getting better.

Jokerfella
Gerbil

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:42 pm

They should just make the whole thing Professional. If the conferences want the money, cool. Just share it with the players.