Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Burdy323
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

need help with TryMedia Games

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Hello, A long while back I ordered a game called The Entente- World War 1 Battlefields on TryMedia. It worked great until around a year ago, when I formated my computer. Now whenever I try to redowload the game onto my computer (using the activation code) I get "We are facing Technical Difficulty in downloading the game. please try again later" and its pissing me off. I already emailed them but I never got a reply. Can you Please help?

bdwilcox
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: need help with TryMedia Games

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

How many times did you write them? How long did you wait to hear back from them?

Burdy323
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:05 pm

atleast 4 times over the course of a year and never once did they respond

bdwilcox
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 pm

There's quite a few email addresses at their corporate page (They're owned by Real Networks) here:
http://www.trymedia.com/partner-support.html

Personally, I'd try: [email protected]

Burdy323
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:54 am

Alright, but incase they dont reply, anyone know a solution for this issue?

TrymediaSupport
Gerbil In Training

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:41 am

Hello Burdy323,

I am really sorry to hear about your issues with the download.
With the link below you will be able to download your game again without receiving the error message:

http://d.trymedia.com/dd/meridian/60m_i ... ntente.exe

The code required to initiate the download is the long string of numbers you can find in the link that has been provided in the order receipt.

Should you encounter any problems please let us know and we will do our best to solve it.

Regards,

Pascal
Last edited by TrymediaSupport on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:04 am

WOW that link comes up as Spyware/malware for me.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

TrymediaSupport
Gerbil In Training

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 pm

The links can indeed sometimes give a false spyware/malware warning.

I can assure you though that this is a false warning, browsers and virus scanners give this warning due to the site/programs behaviour. It sends the activation information back to us, since the browser/virus scanner does not actually know what is being sent it just sees it as a virus sending personal information to a remote computer.

We are aware of the problem but unfortunatly it is not something easy to fix.

cphite
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 pm

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but to me it seems odd that this company would ignore four emails from the OP and then just happen to have a representative browsing this forum and decide to create an account called "TryMediaSupport" to respond. At the very least that's one pretty strange model for customer service.

TrymediaSupport
Gerbil In Training

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 pm

I fully agree that this approach is not conventional. I can assure you though that i do work for trymedia support.

I am sorry to hear that the e-mails of the OP have not been answered, we do our best to satisfy every customer but we ain't miracle workers.
We get MANY e-mails every day on many different affiliates so it can occasionally happen that some e-mails take a longer time to be answered.

I could have easily asked the OP in a private message for information regarding his purchase but:
1: That wouldn't make the OP trust me any more then you do
2: Generally people only post to report complaints leaving this thread as it is for a very long time making other people assume the issue has never been resolved.
3: Making the answer public does have educational value, granted this specific answer is rather person specific but for instance the "spyware/malware" warning and answer is also beneficial for others.

As for the nick, would you believe a nick called Joe or zardoz more?

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:43 pm

TrymediaSupport wrote:
As for the nick, would you believe a nick called Joe or zardoz more?

Actually no. I just seems too random. Me being the skeptical type find that in the vast reaches of the internet that a Support guy from X company finds a forum where a person is dissatisfied. I mean it can happen but its not often you see this. If the OP tries the link and is satisfied, well, you get kudos from me. However, this could have been resolved at your website by responding to his emails, its just that simple, regardless of how much email/ support requests you get in a day. As a suggestion maybe you guys need to put a forum for some self help. And then have one person monitor it to help. (Just a suggestion :wink: )
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

TrymediaSupport
Gerbil In Training

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Hehe from my side such suggestions are appreciated and honestly i would like to see that happen myself. Yet unfortunately it is not up to me to decide if it gets implemented or not.

As for me ending up here i admit it is kind of random. I am aware that there are forums with complaints about Trymedia, some more reasonable then others.
I posted in this thread because a co worker from a different department asked me to. I'm well aware that there are much more forums and threads with complaints etc.
But as you can imagine it would be pretty futile to search every forum and every thread followed by answering all the questions and misconceptions.
Also often enough people creates threats without having send an e-mail in the first place or just not being satisfied with the answer they have received.

No company can provide 100% satisfaction, there will always be things that go wrong, in the end we are all human. As i stated before i fully agree that the OP's e-mails should have been answered in the first place, i don't know why that didn't happen or what went wrong since i don't have the required information from the OP to check it out.

Fred123
Gerbil In Training

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 am

Hi,
I have a similar problem, I bought a game called EEP Virtual Railroad Pro 3.0 from Trymedia which used to work great, but I decided to move it to my backup drive to save space. But decided to play it again recently, files seemed to be missing so I uninstalled it and thought it would be easy to re-download and re-activate it.
After a few problems (I have changed my email address a few times) I managed to get the activation code by email from Trymedia, so I thought great all I have to do now is re-download it. All seemed fine, I downloaded the download manager using my activation code, but every time I click run I get the error "We are facing Technical difficulty in downloading the game" please contact our customer service.
I sent a support request to Trymedia, and recieved a general response 8 hours later saying "Please allow 24-72 hours for a response". I'm at 64 hours and waiting (just hope they work on a Saturday).
I don't feel very hopeful, I've looked everywhere for advice, I've adjusted and checked my browser, firewall and turned off my antivirus software, I've even uninstalled a security program that I thought might be interfering. It just looks like the download manager is not connecting to the server.
I admire and respect *TrymediaSupport* for the posts that he/she has made in this thread, maybe they are listening, all I would ask is why do customers have to wait for quite so long to get a response, and as someone else suggested why not have a Trymedia forum where your customers can ask for advice from each other and yourselves.

Thanks,
From a 50+ year old games addict :)

TrymediaSupport
Gerbil In Training

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:40 am

Hello Fred123

With the following link you should be able to bypass the download manager which is cause the error and preventing you from downloading your purchase again.
http://d.trymedia.com/dd/topware/bnd_d/ ... dSetup.exe

Fred123
Gerbil In Training

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:38 am

Hi again,
Well thanks very much for that link to bypass the download manager, it works great, and I guess I'm off to build a railroad :)

Bye

CAMonkey
Gerbil In Training

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 am

TrymediaSupport - Now if you can post a link to all of the games that TryMedia sells online, that would be great. I'm having the same problem with X3:Reunion. Their download application simply isn't working having tried it over the past several days.

Thanks! :D

Kyfoe
Gerbil In Training

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi

I am also having trouble downloading SuperPower 2. I am receiving the exact same error message as the OP.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 am

I just gotta say, I am not impressed with TryMedia's support. I somehow managed to run out of activations (probably because I enjoy installing Windows) on the only game I ever bought through them. Sent an email on 8/28 asking if it'd be possible for them to reset my activations. It's 9/24 today and still no answer. I've sent 2 follow-up emails. Will I ever buy a game from them again? HECKS NO.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Miggy31
Gerbil In Training

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey guys. I had the same problem with the downloader and the answer is that the problem is caused by spyware/adware. I know you're probably sceptical, but if you don't believe it and can't be bothered to scan, try opening another user account and downloading the game for all users . I guarantee it works :)
big loves :)

just brew it!
Administrator

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Just last weekend, I spent way more time than I should have attempting to get a TryMedia game my wife bought several years ago re-activated on a new computer (we finally ditched her old Athlon XP running Windows 2000). The support area of TryMedia's web site is a train wreck (amateur night HTML FTL...), and their re-activation procedure is extremely sensitive to IE's security settings (even though you wouldn't know that IE was even involved until you find the relevant support info on their site, since the entire re-activation procedure appears to happen inside the game itself with no Web browser window in sight).

This is an excellent example of why I hate product activation (and DRM in general). It inconveniences legitimate users, while the pirates (who find ways to go completely around the system) are unaffected. :evil:

In the end, I did manage to get the game re-activated; but with all the time I spent futzing around with it I should've probably just bought another license for the damn game. Maybe that's what they're counting on people doing... :evil: :evil:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Miggy31
Gerbil In Training

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:12 pm

I agree completely. I just bought Worms Armageddon from this company about an hour ago and was feeling like i'd just been ripped off. More so because when the downloader failed it advises contacting customer support without giving any link or indication to even the company name. The privacy policy and terms of service links both lead to blank pages. With support like this, I assume most people would assume they've been conned and chalk it down to a bad experience. It was through chance that I came accross the "create new user account" advice, and really didn't think it would work as I guessed it unlikely adware would cause such a problem. Especially as my pc works fine with no pop-ups etc. Now I can play the game on any account. Companies such as this have such detailed and dedicated marketing pages but lousy support. I guess its an indication that once they receive payment, they really don't care