How to view System Resources in WinXP pro

Monopoly money comes in many flavors: 7, Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98, etc.

Moderators: Flying Fox, Ryu Connor

How to view System Resources in WinXP pro

Postposted on Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:05 pm

I have WinXP pro installed, and was hoping someone could tell me how I can view my system resources. In win9x u right click on the My Computer go to properties and there u have it.. but I can't figure it out in WinXP Pro.
Hellsbellboy
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:34 pm

Hit ctrl-alt-delete
mattsteg
Gerbil God

Postposted on Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:46 pm

You can also right-click on an empty spot in the taskbar and select "Task Manager".
aristheo
Gerbil First Class

linux

Postposted on Tue Apr 09, 2002 12:52 am

Can someone answer a really quick and dumb question for me. Is there an equivalent to task Manager in Linux. I want to be able to see my processor usage on the fly. I keep task manager resident in the toolbar in XP at all times and I have gotten very used to that. Is there something equivalent to that? Thanks
There is no Spune!
Spune
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:13 am

When your in the Gui try hiting CTRL+ESC. Otherwise in a shell you can type "top" without quotes. After run top you can press "h" to view help or "k" with the PID to kill a process.
combo
Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:16 am

When your in the Gui try hiting CTRL+ESC. Otherwise in a shell you can type "top" without quotes. After you run top you can press "h" to view help which will give you more display for the screen or press "k" and then enter the PID to kill a process.
combo
Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:50 am

combo wrote:When your in the Gui try hiting CTRL+ESC. Otherwise in a shell you can type "top" without quotes. After run top you can press "h" to view help or "k" with the PID to kill a process.

Yea, Kprocview for KDE ( in system Process management ) is one that comes to mind, for Gnome, lemme check in gnome it's called "system monitor".
DiMaestro
Gerbil Elite

Return to Windows